Ported ne346xp 3/8 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
7-pin most likely, and larger ones that fit on the small 7-spline drum aren't that easy to find. They does exist, but are expensive "pin-type" ones that doen't last as long as a regular Oregon made rim.

woodyman

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
7-pin most likely, and larger ones that fit on the small 7-spline drum aren't that easy to find. They does exist, but are expensive "pin-type" ones that doen't last as long as a regular Oregon made rim.
I ran my ported 026 with 16" bar and .063x.325 semi chisel chain in the same wood with 7 and 8 pin sprockets and the 8 pin was faster.About $23.00 for a pin-type sprocket if you can find it in small.I will be racing this saw in Feb. and don't want to lose to bad:hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I ran my ported 026 with 16" bar and .063x.325 semi chisel chain in the same wood with 7 and 8 pin sprockets and the 8 pin was faster.About $23.00 for a pin-type sprocket if you can find it in small.I will be racing this saw in Feb. and don't want to lose to bad:hmm3grin2orange:

There is only one way to find out for sure, but remember that a 7-pin 3/8 is about as large as a 8-pin .325.

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
In .325 8 pin will usually always be faster, if the saw has the balls to keep the rpm up. In 3/8 on a 50cc saw, I'd run 7 pin and not even think about trying an 8.

Niko how good will a MM 346ne pull a 3/8 20" i know its not the best combo but i get tired of lugging a 372 up a tree sometimes.
I ran a MMed 346ne last year with a 3/8 20" and it was impressive. Durand's saw, he has vids of it somewhere.

woodyman

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
woody- was that your saw at Scott's today perhaps? I can sharpen a chain up special just for our race if you like :msp_wink:

-dave
I shipped it out Tuesday morn.Its a 2012 non CAT with no clutch cover and a box of extra parts Scott was going to install.
I already have a special one ready to go for Feb,23 that is sharp enough.
I still have to get the neighbors 041AV and go through it.You can sharpen that one,it will lose anyways:hmm3grin2orange:

lmbrman

lmbrman

stumped
I shipped it out Tuesday morn.Its a 2012 non CAT with no clutch cover and a box of extra parts Scott was going to install.
I already have a special one ready to go for Feb,23 that is sharp enough.
I still have to get the neighbors 041AV and go through it.You can sharpen that one,it will lose anyways:hmm3grin2orange:

I saw the box at Scott's :)

I know Jake(chainsawnut460) is planning to be at the races, his saw is similar to mine, but red. My 346 is at Scott's awaiting a walbro- the zama just could not keep the saw fueled and was unpredictable. Worked OK for years, but no longer.

komatsuvarna

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
20'' 3/8s does good on a ported saw. A stock saw will turn it alright, just watch the raker height and you'll be fine.

I got a half assed attempt at a video. I ported mine the other day and the only chain I had was a 20'' filed for a 372xp. Still pulled it pretty good, but the wood is White Pine too. I need to get some more wood! I did run almost 3 tanks through it today in Maple with a 16'' 3/8s. It holds about 12-12,200 in the wood bar deep with off the roll chain. Guess that's decent for a 50cc. Anyway, here's the sorry video....
[video=youtube;STkJfhxRozA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=STkJfhxRozA[/video]

JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I saw the box at Scott's :)

I know Jake(chainsawnut460) is planning to be at the races, his saw is similar to mine, but red. My 346 is at Scott's awaiting a walbro- the zama just could not keep the saw fueled and was unpredictable. Worked OK for years, but no longer.

The stock replacement Walbro.....or the 359 Walbro? I had him put a 359 Walbro on my 346 and it runs great.