Porting a 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutterb

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have an older 026 which I brought back to life. It had a slightly scored piston and cylinder. I was able to clean both the cylinder and piston to where you could not see any damage. I put new rings new seals replaced all of the rubber and now the saw runs great I have got 165psi compression and this saw starts 4th pull every time. The only thing that I did not do was port it. I don't have the knowledge for porting. I have all of the cutting and polishing tools which I use for my job as a extrusion tooling tech which involves cutting and polishing extrusion dies. I am bored and ready to learn how port this saw. I am looking for input on where to cut and polish and also how much to take to get good results without going to far. any help would greatly appreciated.

At the top of the page is a stickies thread and inside is a porting 101 section with some good reading on it. Also search for porting 026 and you will find some more valuable reading there. That should get you started.

Latest posts

Back