Porting, You get what you pay for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lady was pissed at my dad for chargin her 500 dollars to re-flash a chimney on her house..he told her if you wanna go buy the aluminum coil..brake..ladders ..roof jacks because it was so steep..a million dollar liability policy to do the work in our state..truck..30 years of learning..bein on a roof when its 20 degrees with the wind howlin..have at it..its all yours.

my thing is that the people referred to from the other site complain and whine about everything on the internet and say that's how everyone else is. complain and whine about AS saying they are so glad to be done with AS and yet here they are in a drama thread even. who would have thought? it should be said that the ones who complain and whine are the only ones who come over here lol. there are some that just won't shut the **** up about past issues. like dang man, that was a year ago and your still hurt from it. this is the internet. funny thing is the ones who claim people get butt hurt are the ones who get butt hurt the worst out of anyone i know. the people who say they don't take the internet serious are the ones who make it a real life problem for themselves. it's messed up that all of AS is just fine until a thread that they post in pops up. then they go to another site and claim AS is ruined because of threads like that but neglect the fact that those threads wouldn't be like that if it weren't for them. forums really are addicting, i think we can all agree on that. i've been on less and less and eventually want to be done with it. quitting smoking was easier then quiting these forums because i like saws. quite simply put, alot of these whiners/complainers really don't know **** all about saws lol people gotta remember that it's as easy as hitting your computers power button or deleting tapatalk. reality then comes back and life will go on. some members here are commited. all hours of the day they are posting somewhere on the net. amazing how they can juggle real life and forums but then again maybe forums are their real life. on a day where i'm just sitting around i might be on here an hour total. for fun go google why forums suck, read a bit, then shut off your device and go for a hike. this **** isn't real life like some have made it for themselves and refuse to admit.

And before someone jumps on it, no, I'm not talking about everyone on that forum, our any forum. I'm talking about those of you that are total hypocrites, that cause more trouble, and do more whining than anyone else on any chainsaw forum. Those of you that I'm talking about know exactly who you are. More likely than not, you're the ones getting mad reading this.

image.jpg

If 10-15 of you could be done away with, there wouldn't be this problem we have.
Did I make this list? Gosh, I sure hope I made the list!! :)

Let me point out what is obvious to most. These fights start when one of you wanders over here, reads something stupid or offensive that I post, and calls me out on it, then I call you bad names, and say stupid stuff in reply.
That's very upstanding of you to finally admit it.
...it's my fault this cycle repeats itself over and over.
Agreed.
I am always in the middle of it, because I am the cause of pretty much all of it!
Right again!
That's because I'm the only one stupid.
You said it, not me.
The hypocrisy is that I claim to be sick of all this bickering and fighting, yet I seek out and create it every chance I get.
Truer words have never been uttered.
If I wasn't here, there would be NO trouble.
Troof.

Good talk. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful day. I'm going to take the kids for a bike ride. :)

A lady was pissed at my dad for chargin her 500 dollars to re-flash a chimney on her house..he told her if you wanna go buy the aluminum coil..brake..ladders ..roof jacks because it was so steep..a million dollar liability policy to do the work in our state..truck..30 years of learning..bein on a roof when its 20 degrees with the wind howlin..have at it..its all yours.
20 degrees?????!!!!!! should have had to pay a grand!!! that roof was dangerous,,even with no snow or ice!!!!

20 degrees?????!!!!!! should have had to pay a grand!!! that roof was dangerous,,even with no snow or ice!!!!

I forgot the contractors liscense you gotta pay 600 a year to be registered with the state.

and not to mention all the hand tools.

Some people have no clue what it takes to do a job.

She was pissed it only took us 5 hours..you could blow some people and they wont be happy..i dont get it sometimes.

You should hear some members complain about my price for this.........
298df22667ea9b488f22eea946853e19.jpg

I'm sorry but cool costs money.

that is important to remember, he do great job, even he did not succeeded on this 2260. It's human to could fail once.
How do you know he didn't succeed on the 2260? Have you ran one of his 2260's and compared it to another builders 2260? How do you know it won't smoke one that's been "ported"? I find your comment condescending and I think Terry would too.

How do you know he didn't succeed on the 2260? Have you ran one of his 2260's and compared it to another builders 2260? How do you know it won't smoke one that's been "ported"? I find your comment condescending and I think Terry would too.
Marshy, in case you aren't aware he's from Norway and English is not his first language. I'm pretty sure we all know this particular 2260 was not a success having had to have been in to 3 times or more to get it running perfectly.
We have all agreed that Terry can build a bad mamma jamma 2260/562 but this one just didn't turn out the best. Now is it seems likely that there was another inherent issue that caused some of the problems.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

View attachment 482580

Did I make this list? Gosh, I sure hope I made the list!! :)

That's very upstanding of you to finally admit it.Agreed.
Right again!You said it, not me. Truer words have never been uttered.Troof.

Good talk. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful day. I'm going to take the kids for a bike ride. :)

Best post ever.

That looks good. If you want it pay the man.
That's fine work right there. I ain't no machinist by trade, I've played around with some of it...I work flight controls/avionics on C-17 aircraft and live in a very tight tolerance world, but have brothers who are engineers/machinists. I've shown both of them pics of his work...both said 'damn, that's sweet.' And they'll turn around and tell me exactly what he used/how he used it, the steps/procedures, to get it done.

I agree 100%...gotta pay to play, with fine machinist work.

Lathes mills cnc don't pay for them selves. Then you need the slab, electrical, tooling. Specialized jigs.
Yeah that don't cost much to obtain and own. In your dreams
Spot on...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back