POS ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, he's not kidding. It is the best made. I have a friend trying to trade me my 361 for a 1973 Jeep 4x4 with the AMC 360, and I dont think Im gonna do it. It would be a good firewood truck, but my 361 is Providence...Zen...:greenchainsaw:

I start mine cold with the decomp. Not that I need it, but I use it as a "pop indicator."

Once that turkey timer pops out, click the lever up one click and they start on that next pull(I don't use the decomp for this pull).

It outran a ported 346, with only a muffler mod, can you say Elvis?:hmm3grin2orange:

ask Elivis what he thinks about it outrunning a 6HP saw with "only a muffler mod"!

i still gots that land in florida for sale if your interested. you can even start a rice farm on it if you want. they just had 24" rain.

LMFAO POS 361!

:hmm3grin2orange:

ask Elivis what he thinks about it outrunning a 6HP saw with "only a muffler mod"!

i still gots that land in florida for sale if your interested. you can even start a rice farm on it if you want. they just had 24" rain.

LMFAO POS 361!

:hmm3grin2orange:

You got it wrong, you are the only one that didn't mention your saw was ported, Don's 361 was stock w/ a muff mod, he has no reason to lie.....my 361 gained quite a bit when the muff was modded too. Just think you could have saved $100+ and got the 361, ported the muffler and Stihl be better off. No shipping, no extra coil, no problem.:D

btw, Fall is coming up, what about another GTG?

This is what the saw shop thought it could be. One of the diaphragms had a slight wrinkle in it, so they rebuilt it. The original problem was I would start cutn and it would act like it was running out of gas and stall out. But it would start wright back up again. Worked fine after the rebuild know its doing it again. I think the shop I go to is a POS.

My brother in law had a saw acting up like yours. The cause of the problem was bad fuel.

Don's 361 was stock.

btw, Fall is coming up, what about another GTG?

why is it only the stihlheads believe you? i give you credit for trying though.

better get them stihls tuned up cuz wanab is comin' south. AGAIN!

:bowdown:

why is it only the stihlheads believe you? i give you credit for trying though.

better get them stihls tuned up cuz wanab is comin' south. AGAIN!

:bowdown:

Pizzed off 'cause a stock $600 Stihl beat your $700+ ported husky? There was a ported 361 coming, good thing it didn't show, it may have been close to the 460.:eek:

When and where for the GTG? We need a better time and location so more will show.

Do a pressure/vac test on the saw. Then you'll know if your problem has anything to do with the carb...

What symptoms led you to rebuild the carb in the first place?[/QUOTE

.... The original problem was I would start cutn and it would act like it was running out of gas and stall out. ...

Sounds like a tank went problem.......

I start mine cold with the decomp. Not that I need it, but I use it as a "pop indicator."

Once that turkey timer pops out, click the lever up one click and they start on that next pull(I don't use the decomp for this pull).

Not the way to go imo, you will surely miss some "pops" if you rely on the decomp to tell you......

S.T. that means the pop is more pronounced without using the decomp? Do you not use decomps at all? I wouldn't mind it being a little harder to pull the cord, if it meant a less fool-proof starting procedure.

I guess had the O.P. started without the "P.O.S." title, there'd be more help from Stihl guys and less criticism and offers to buy it for $100 etc. I'm kind of nervous that I'd end up in his situation, looking at buying a nice chainsaw. Whether operator error or otherwise, the more I spend the more disappointed I'd be if I couldn't get it started- but how difficult is this? They give you explicit instructions, right? If I follow them exactly, I'm not going to be one of those 999 guys going back to the dealer with a problem I created? Sometimes this craftsman starts right up, other times I can never get it started, yet I follow their instructions to a t every time (I.E. down to the exact number of bulb mashes, pulls with choke out then in, idle setting, placement, even which hand to use for what etc.), but they for instance don't mention anything about listening for pops. I guess it should be common knowledge, but hopefully the Stihl dealer will go over that for those of us who don't know better.

:dizzy:

Last edited:
Back