Possibly my most expensive breakfast...read on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
On Friday, I saw an yard sale ad in the local paper that had a Stihl 038 and an 036 (both in good condition) listed with other items. The sale started at 8 am on Saturday. I planned on being there early, but my wife was cooking up a big breakfast and I didn't want to offend her by running out before she served it up. Long and short of it...I get there at 8:15...Guys buys 038 and 036 5 minutes before I get there...for $125 and $75 respectively...BIG OUCH!

Wish I had known about that sale, I would have been there trying for it too :)

You may have lost out on a couple of nice saws, but if you keep Mama happy, it'll be worth it. I arrange my schedule to eat with my fiance, and the meals she makes, and guess what...she thought my buying a new 440 was a good idea and says I should look for a good 066/660 to build...she says as long as I keep her in firewood and build her a log home someday, I can have all the saws I want...great gal.

It all equals out, but I feel your pain. :cry:

Jeff

Not to worry

Well,there will always be chainsaws for sale.It's all about being at the right place,at the right time.I have a friend that picked up an 028 for $20,at a garage sale.I got an 038 super for $45,from a dealer[broken mount].You did good,eat your breakfast,there are more saws out there. :)

There will always be a saw for sale, a good breakfast with the over easy eggs just perfect, with crispy browns, 1/2# hhomemade sausage and muffins. Take that before any auction, what if a guy was there all day with good deals? You wouldnt want to leave cause you were hungry would you? :umpkin:

Well,as usual,I have to disagree with Dan,who disagrees with Al.I could have bought about 3 dozen today.In the little town Of Harrod Ohio,where I grew up[not that it shows :) ],they have an annual garage sale.It's a big deal,people bring in stuff from all over.At least 3 if not 4 dozen saws.A few Stihls,a few Huskys,Homeys,tiny Macs,Jred's,Poulan's.If I bought every cheap saw,that I saw,I would have exceeded several thousand,years ago.In the course of a year,I would say I have the oppurtunity to buy several hundred,at least.Now what,pray tell,would I do with all those saws.Good grief it's nearly a full time job with the 25 or so I have now.Now then,on the other hand,we had the biggest ice storm of the last 50 years,last winter.The local Stihl dealer sold 3 semi's full of saws,in about that many weeks.In 2 or 3 years,these saws will be at garage sales,because they have sat all that time and won't start.Then I might think of buying a bunch and turning a buck or 2.Oh,did I mention generators :)

Al, I dont know if your area is the exception or here is then, I wish it was that easy to run into deals on saws here, if that where the case then I'm sure I would be up around the count that you have, but for some reason the garage sales and flea markets here just dont produce that many saws, other than the wild thangs that is.

Latest posts

Back