Post a helpful hint to help teach others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your told not to stack your wood to high in the pick up because someone on AS took out his rear window that way. Listen to your dad...

Do you go deer hunting with your chain saw or do you cut wood during hunting season??
:)

Save the noodles

My dad has found out how great the noodles from ripping are for starting fires. I made a bunch the other day on all that red oak. He went up and bagged it up into Walmart sacks.Got 12 bags stuffed full he said and there is more on the ground.

Do you go deer hunting with your chain saw or do you cut wood during hunting season??
:)

When you sit in your stand and start seeing a few nice trees, it starts to get to ya. While scouting, some people mark the trails, I mark trees.

Hunt in the AM.. Cut wood in the afternoon.

A good line from Heavy Fuel this morning at the GTG:

If you gotta pee, do it before putting the chaps on!

My dad taught me this when I was young ....

When splitting wood, always set the wood on end as it was as it grew. The rounds tend to split much better from the top.

Another back-saving device is an old tire. By placing the log or logs on end, inside a wide 15-inch tire, you will be able to split the whole log(s) without them falling down or flying away. Log chasing and restacking for a second split can really wear you down.

log splitter turned into bucking rack

wkpoor....thanks for that one!!! :clap: Tried using the splitter to pinch the logs and it worked like a charm! Finally got into a good rythm with the wife by the time we had two logs left but now we know for next time. The whole time I was thinking WTF!!!!Why didn't I think of that!!!:monkey: Keep em comin fellas.

Wal mart has super tech 2-stroke oil in 16 oz containers with a measureing cup attached. Dump this oil in your bar oil jug and fill it with you're favorite and mix at whatever ratio suits you. For what its worth I ran it without burning anything up, but don't reccommend the oil just the container.

Put your bar oil in a qt 90w or lucas bottle no more spills.

A old milk crate works great to keep fuel and oil cans up right.

Sharpen you saw alot and keep it out of the dirt.

Be Damn careful!!!!

With the price of bar oil now, you might like this one.
When your jug is "empty" (quart, or gallon) and you're ready to throw it out.....Don't.
Take 2 lids, silicone and pop rivet them togeather, drill a 1/2" hole through them in the center. Now screw 2 empty jugs togeather and stand in a corner letting one jug drain into the other. Keep replacing the top jug with newly "emptied" jugs. You'll be surprised how much oil you've been throwing away.

Andy

Your log splitter makes a great log holder when sawing down rather small logs of length. Load sideways and pinch tight. Works better than a log stand IMO.

I like that one. I've got some saw comparison's to do and it will be nice to have a log holder of sorts.

Kevin

When out cutting always let someone know where you are going, when you are going, and when you plan to be back.

PPE is NOT optional. Wear it.

Dont pee on an electric fence or into the wind for that matter.

If you are prescribed an EpiPen make sure you have the darn thing with. (I didn't and got stung seven times, came real close to cashing it in on that one.)

Steel toe boots are a darn good idea.

Put a mechanics magnetic dish in your milk crate with your gas, oil, and stuff. Makes great device for holding spare bar nuts, carb screwdriver, etc.

Another good fire starter

2 things to save; lint from the dryer screen and bottoms of the paper egg cartons
1 thing to buy; wax of some form, I use trappers wax its cheap

To make; stuff lint into egg cartons tightly and pour hot wax over top to saturate lint, let cool and cut egg cartons into 12 or 18 (depending on how you buy your eggs) individual fire starting wonders

Have a problem with varmits digging and living in holes around your place ?? After your done cleaning up behind someones dog, throw it in the holes and cover. The varmits will exit and never return.

Put a touch of neverseize on your spark plug threads.

Check the air presure in your tires monthly or at least twice a year.

If you cant remember the last time you had your septic cleaned, its probably overdue.

Back