Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16k8293.jpg

crap maple

Beware of Dog.....? :msp_ohmy:
Is that maple more valuable than you're lettin' on? :hmm3grin2orange: ;)

2nrk3f4.jpg
2ihvurn.jpg
some locust

Man...that locust looks really good. I've yet to burn or cut one stick of it...There's a lady on Craigslist who has a bunch of Honey locust bottoms for free...just been too much rainfall around here to get to it!
By the way...how does honey locust split and burn?

Thanks
Reggie

Man...that locust looks really good. I've yet to burn or cut one stick of it...There's a lady on Craigslist who has a bunch of Honey locust bottoms for free...just been too much rainfall around here to get to it!
By the way...how does honey locust split and burn? locust splits best green its the hotest wood / more btu then oak but bo not put just it in wood stove you will melt it

There's gotta be something valuable about that maple that Tom isn't telling us about :msp_sleep:

This is a tree line we have been working on taking down for a local farmer.
View attachment 286742The tree line in the center of the pic, taken from the road.
View attachment 286743Before we started,(last fall) standing in the middle looking south.
View attachment 286744Standing in the middle, looking north.
View attachment 286745The growing log pile at home. This about 2/3 of what we are to take down before the weather breaks. Gotta get busy...

It is a 1984 model 406 I purchased from the state of New Jersey theat used it to plow snow and it also had a 26' mulag boom mower mounted on it for mowing along guard rails. It is a 6 cylinder diesel.

If you don't mind me asking how much did this set you back?

Did u call it in or did it just show up.? I'm amazed y'all got snow in Va. this time of year.

The fox just showed up. I wouldn't have a clue how to call one in.
Can't tell by the photo, but we're in the thick of the DC suburbs. Lots of people, houses & traffic.
Here's the fox next to a brush pile (for woodpile/splitting area relevance)

...and the snow is gone.

View attachment 286892

Wood Shed

My wood shed is capable of holding about 16 cords of wood and is almost full now. Most of the wood is White Spruce, but there is also some Black Spruce and Birch. I use a 2152 Jonsered chainsaw and a Fiskars splitting maul. Shown below is my wood pile and my wife helping get the logs out of the forest with a pulk.
View attachment 287430View attachment 287431

Latest posts

Back