Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to working on my woodshed/woodpile. I got the back row of pallets pulled up and raked out
underneath, started stacking what was left of last year's wood(mostly Red Oak and some Ash) onto the back so
I can pull up the rest of the pallets and finish "evicting" the critters that have moved in. :hmm3grin2orange:
The first pic is after I already started stacking wood on the back row of pallets, the second is almost all of last year's
wood stacked, and a big pile in the front just waitin'..... :dizzy:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Looks like you might need more wood to fill the rest in.
I can't talk much was filling in my last row today and still need 1/2 cord more to finsh. It never ends!

Okay, we actually didn't get any rain this afternoon so here's my "after work project" update..... :dizzy:
pulled up the rest of the pallets and evicted all things living and "otherwise", raked it all out and reset the
pallets, FINALLY!!! :msp_w00t: Now I can fill it with wood. :clap:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Nice cuts! You may as well noodle some of 'em to save the old back muscle.

Thanks. It may happen that way, after cutting and stacking over 5 cord today. I'm still trying to figure out why I wanted it all done today. I think I just wanted to see if it was possible.

Here is a shot of where I'm starting in the lower field. I think most of what makes it down here will be sold. Still have plenty to get split and plenty to harvest. Much easier now that I have a splitter and can do it as I please and not rush on a weekend while renting one. This is about 2 chords of green maple and about 3-4 chords of red oak in front of it that's big rounds or 1/4'd and needs to be split and stacked. Neighbor had a double stem maple that had to come down. One more chord left over there. 3 cords total out of the trees.

View attachment 303931

Sent on the fly.

Okay, we actually didn't get any rain this afternoon so here's my "after work project" update..... :dizzy:
pulled up the rest of the pallets and evicted all things living and "otherwise", raked it all out and reset the
pallets, FINALLY!!! :msp_w00t: Now I can fill it with wood. :clap:

attachment.php

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That is some SERIOUSLY nice work! Uniform length wood, straight rows, pallets notched for the uprights, nice detail work. I particularly like the removeable side rails and the 2x4 guide to keep the row straight.:bowdown: But why is that 2x4 not parallel to the pallets?:poke:

I figured I'd burn it in the summer in the owb for hot water, and for bonfires, lol. I don't want to put oak on a bonfire! And if you saw how much we just took down, cleaning tree lines.......there's a lot of it.

Now that makes perfect sense. You have to dispose of it somehow, might as well reclaim the BTUs.

The corn looks pretty good right now!!!

:msp_thumbsup: Thanks! Chest high and going great! Hasn't been overly hot, and just got 1.7 inches of rain two nights ago when I dumped that wood. Super corn growing weather. Everything else is looking good, too.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That is some SERIOUSLY nice work! Uniform length wood, straight rows, pallets notched for the uprights, nice detail work. I particularly like the removeable side rails and the 2x4 guide to keep the row straight.:bowdown: But why is that 2x4 not parallel to the pallets?:poke:

Ayuh,
Thanks! :D If you're talkin' about the 2x4 "up high", I just slid it up there to get it out of the way.
If you're askin' about any of the others, I'm fussy but not THAT fussy..... :hmm3grin2orange:;)

Ayuh,
Thanks! :D If you're talkin' about the 2x4 "up high", I just slid it up there to get it out of the way.
If you're askin' about any of the others, I'm fussy but not THAT fussy..... :hmm3grin2orange:;)

I was referring to the one that serves as the alignment guide for the stack. The better the job, the more glaring the small inconsistencies. If the rest of it wasn't so perfect, I wouldn't have even noticed that detail.

I was referring to the one that serves as the alignment guide for the stack. The better the job, the more glaring the small inconsistencies. If the rest of it wasn't so perfect, I wouldn't have even noticed that detail.

My wife just smiles and shakes her head when she watches me work.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Back