Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Thanks for that.

I was planning on doing some cutting yesterday but in my area we got blasted by 3 inches of heavy wet snow. Like most of us up this way enough is enough.

Thanks for the pick me up , maybe a sign spring is headed this way. Having a hard time beleiveing that ,but just maybe??
we caught a view yesterday morning of spring.. 10 plump round robins in our front yard tree first of the year. now today we wake with 3+ inches of snow???? so maybe again?

Chucker I feel your pain. We have had lots of Robins in the yard as well as more bird activity than we have had in a while , then like you mention ; bam"" 3 inches coming right up. Not sure who is confused more now , me or the birds.

Hey , Look at the bright side ; it can only get better.

Yesterday's chore was getting everything split and stacked. Not as much as I had hoped and still needs some work to get it all cleaned up. Completely removed the tarp from the west wall behind the stacked wood. Total of 3 full rowes,,not quite half way to a full shed.100_1100.JPG100_1103.JPG100_1104.JPG100_1105.JPG100_1108.JPG100_1112.JPGThanks for lookin'. Peace.

Yesterday's chore was getting everything split and stacked. Not as much as I had hoped and still needs some work to get it all cleaned up. Completely removed the tarp from the west wall behind the stacked wood. Total of 3 full rowes,,not quite half way to a full shed.View attachment 342524View attachment 342525View attachment 342527View attachment 342528View attachment 342530View attachment 342531Thanks for lookin'. Peace.
Just a question, but who makes that splitter in the background?

Just a question, but who makes that splitter in the background?

My splitter was built by a guy back in the late 70', early 80's here in S.E. Indiana who built these splitters and "post" splitters. Company name of "Robush" I've only seen one other one a couple years ago. I have had the wedge welded on from wear and tear, keep the bearings serviced and repaint it every couple years. That's the second engine I've put on it. The cylinder started leaking earlier this winter which I'll have repaired/replaced when I'm finished cutting wood this season.100_0024.JPG It seems well thought out and I think it's a dandy. Thanks for asking. Peace.

This look familiar? My dad bought this back in the late 70's. Still gets used almost daily during wood season.

Attachments

• 467.JPG
    467.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 109
A few more

Mr. Finn, that's amazing!! I wonder how your "Robush" found it's way clear up to your area??
Millhousen, IN. is where my mother in law comes from/lives. The county south of me. A rural community of maybe a dozen homes, German Catholics most of 'em.
I can't think of the guys name who built those. My brother in law has done some computer work for him.
Here's hoping you get many more years of service from yours.

Finally, a little adding instead of subtracting. I skidded the first log of the year out of the woods and to the yard today. With a little frost in the mornings, I hope to have a lot more friends there soon. I can cut and split whenever I get a little time that way, the wood area is just across the driveway from the house.

Snow's still deep enough in the woods and the hollow coming out of the woods that this little 16"er was close to a load for the Massey. Now that trail is broken, I should be able to pull about double that.

20140405_183635.jpg

Finally, after months of rain and snow I was able to get a couple cartloads out of the woodlot today. It's still pigged up but a lesser load was able to get out.

It's a start. :)

Attachments

• 100_569.jpg
    100_569.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_570.jpg
    100_570.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_571.jpg
    100_571.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_572.jpg