Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys do to deal with snow?? We just got a huge snow dump and all my rounds are just covered. My split pile is covered also but has a tarp on it at least.

Worst part is that before the snowfall, we had freezing rain. All while I was gone visiting family. Now my ATV just spins the tires when I try to move the snow to get some space to work again. :(
You just deal with it best you can til you can set up a way not to or get ahead enough to not have to cut in the winter.

I hear yah. I do it out of necessity. I can never get ahead with a day job. It takes about 15 cord to get through the winter here. It was good when my son came home on leave he helped me blow through about 3 cord in a couple hours last week.

Brian
I think you need to have a mini GTG at your place.
You would be amazed at how quick a small group of guys off here can have 15 cord cut up.
Set it up offer food and they will come:yes:.

You just deal with it best you can til you can set up a way not to or get ahead enough to not have to cut in the winter.

I think you need to have a mini GTG at your place.
You would be amazed at how quick a small group of guys off here can have 15 cord cut up.
Set it up offer food and they will come:yes:.
I would love to go to a fellow woodcutter gtg if there's ever one in southern mn. None my friends have my wood cutting and chainsaw sickness/addiction!

I would love to go to a fellow woodcutter gtg if there's ever one in southern mn. None my friends have my wood cutting and chainsaw sickness/addiction!
I love the avatar, is that a big ole muskee. Do you use the saws for cutting ice as well.
Like I said, build it they will come lol.
Plenty of guys just dying to burn that ethanol out of their saws before they let them sit all winter:lol:.

Does it smell like dirty feet??
Dirty feet just stink, this stuff made me wonder if I should have a respirator on. I have heard guys say that they experienced getting very sick from milling some types of wood, but not splitting. Not sure what caused it, the next worse smell was some junk softwood with red veins in it.

Dirty feet just stink, this stuff made me wonder if I should have a respirator on. I have heard guys say that they experienced getting very sick from milling some types of wood, but not splitting. Not sure what caused it, the next worse smell was some junk softwood with red veins in it.

You might have box elder.

You might have box elder.
zogger I think that was the softwood I was talking about(not the stuff I just split though). If you want your stove hot quick, box elder will do it. So much so you better not load up an epa stove with no way to totally close it down or you will have a raging beast on your hands, don't ask me how I know:dumb2:. I've learned a lot since then.

Latest posts

Back