Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you like your 650? I just bought one, haven't even had the chance to use it yet. Wondering about maintenance, things I should do to keep it working.

I love it. Some days I wished I'd of bought a bigger one for more capacity but that kinda defeats the purpose of a mini machine. combined with a skid loader I can accomplish what I need. I bought the 650 used and have only put about 150 hours on it. Changes the filters and fluids in it once so far. I take the time to blow the dirt and dust off every few times I use it. I need to search inside to replace the return line for the fuel pretty soon. It starts and will shut off after a few seconds and then I need to crank on it for a few till it restarts and no problems after that.

Most recent shot of the splitting area. A pile of beech and maple, split in the woods but awaiting stacking. Pissing down some much needed rain today, so that will be on hold.

looks good! nice, clean and rarin;; to go! never seen a barn, pasture, herd nor firewood stack I din like... :)

Just a long day of cutting. Struggles left and right, my fault each and every one. Except the heat, that one ain't on me.

We're hoofing it today boys:

IMG_20160730_1147035881_zps8ygs5oat.jpg

Or if you prefer the Angelic water version:
IMG_20160730_1149025561_zpskqtbjyeb.jpg

Victim number one, hangs over my truck trail that I usually have the pleasure of using:

IMG_20160730_1147541051_zpscatwq4aj.jpg

Small tree, small wood:

IMG_20160730_1238304231_zpswe0abq3x.jpg

Victim number two, botched the face cut getting cute with it, leaned onto another tree, instead of yanking it out with my truck I got to spend an hour fiddling with it:

IMG_20160730_1242472921_zpszlyhcoew.jpg

The carnage:

IMG_20160730_1855482021_zpsrda9adw5.jpg

A lot of these around my place:

IMG_20160730_1150173611_zps8l8patjk.jpg

This to salvage my day, water jug is now empty:

IMG_20160730_1845519981_zpspugu3yva.jpg

Ended up with about a cord of rounds. Not nearly as much as I was hoping to accomplish. Any day on this side of the frost line is okay with me. And then to spend it in the woods, walking out with the limbs I brought in, well that's not so bad after all. :)

How do you like your 026? I'm quite smitten with mine. Its a little workhorse.

I like it a lot! I see so many larger numbers here on the AS... but my stihl dealer sold me a limber 019T and the 026 as the workhorse... has lived up to its job description... runs like a top, never been back to the shop... mean machine and powerful, too... I keep my chains sharp! thx for asking...

They are climbers. They thrive vertically. Couldn't tell you why just that they do.

I like it a lot! I see so many larger numbers here on the AS... but my stihl dealer sold me a limber 019T and the 026 as the workhorse... has lived up to its job description... runs like a top, never been back to the shop... mean machine and powerful, too... I keep my chains sharp! thx for asking...

Good deal. I haven't had mine too long, it came to me as a non runner. An hour later it was a runner with a sharp chain and no issues.

I have a 33cc Mcculloch that I've had for years and years, never gave me one issue and I won't be getting rid of it as it was my first saw. But the 026 has made it useless. They weigh the same, the 026 is way more powerful. The AV is better, or should I say it has AV. Plan to keep the 026 cutting firewood for many years to come.

Good deal. I haven't had mine too long, it came to me as a non runner. An hour later it was a runner with a sharp chain and no issues.

I have a 33cc Mcculloch that I've had for years and years, never gave me one issue and I won't be getting rid of it as it was my first saw. But the 026 has made it useless. They weigh the same, the 026 is way more powerful. The AV is better, or should I say it has AV. Plan to keep the 026 cutting firewood for many years to come.

:yes:

Wind storm came thru last Thursday and took down a few dead elms along the road. Friend came over and helped me get them cut up. Here is the stack waiting for my splitter to show up. Close to my splitting area a large oak tipped over and took a birch down with it. Got a trailer load of branches to cut up too.
DSC01896.JPG DSC01898.JPG DSC01899.JPG

Latest posts

Back