Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like our 550 xp's....keep 'em sharp and they'll throw some chips.....18" bar ???
I do too, the 545 is just as good for firewood unless you are a very fast limber and need that revboost, other than that they run the same to me.
Yes, 18x325.
I have a 64dl Windsor bar that I just finished grinding a nice chain for Im looking forward to trying. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll get to testing it out:chainsaw:.

That's my collection.

Nice collection, all very proven saws.
I shipped a very clean 660 out east this spring, hatted to see it go, but for most of the work I do it's not needed, and if I had to have a big saw I'd just buy another for the job.
The 660 set up like that is will pull a 36 just fine. The only time the 36 came off mine was to clean it or if I needed something a little smaller for whatever the reason was, but it didn't happen often as I'd normally run a large 70cc saw for anything smaller. The first 660 I had came with a 32, I still have a couple chains from it, I don't use a 32 much. Crazy story I met a guy this yr and he was telling me about his saws when we were at his house and I said show me them, I took one look at his 660 and asked where did you get that and when, I think it's my old saw :rock:. He likes some of mine, maybe she will come back to me :D.

Hey guys,

Been pretty busy lately and no wood cutting. With very little prep for deer season I was lucky enough to get an 8 pointer on opening morning around 8:45. Back to work tomorrow. Supposed to snow every day through Friday so it is going to be tough to do any cutting around my cabin yard, may just pack it in until spring up there. I do have some pine thinning to do at the house and need to remove balsam from the wood lot which will be a nice project before the snow gets too deep.

ED96F35C-5387-4684-B739-F3CCFBDA2C3A.jpeg FF4AC97B-007B-48DD-934B-30DA263F2FEA.jpeg Finally got around to splitting some this afternoon. I can’t fill this bay like the others as the splitter lives there year round, and it’s on the end of the barn and can’t go very high. Today was Red Elm, Oak, and Cherry. I’m slow but sure.

It was nice today. Working on cement is nice for easy cleanup. I had a guy comment one time that he feels like he should take his shoes off when he goes in our barn :)

no doubt... he's got a point there! just curious, but how, I say... how do you keep it so meticulously clean? crew come in with air blowers just b4 shutter time? heck, I air blow my patio, work area and general wood cutting spot several times a day... and it's clean mind you... real clean! :)

but not that clean! :)

View attachment 685114 well I did get some of this split yesterday. Last night we got 5" of the wight stuff.View attachment 685114

good pix! :) I like that scene, the chunks, the splittin' setup... and of course, that tractor, too! :yes:

how do u get those big chunks up onto the splitter? roll 'em? or?.... just pick them up and carry them over?

I watched a travel show last night. visits to Scotland, having lived in England, it was of interest to me. one segment Highland Games. one game... each contestant had to lift and carry at boulder that weighed 250#s! OMG! :crazy: almost no one could lift it, much less carry it...

but one guy did. made it look like 'child's play!'

Finally got around to splitting some this afternoon. I can’t fill this bay like the others as the splitter lives there year round, and it’s on the end of the barn and can’t go very high. Today was Red Elm, Oak, and Cherry. I’m slow but sure.

Nice looking setup. Just curious. Appears you split everything pretty small. What stove are you using? Where abouts in IA. ? I sure like the clean organized look! Good work.

Back