Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that? People work on all kinds of industrial equipment indoors. All you need is some kind of ducting to get rid of the exhaust. I wish I had a nice big woodshed with enough room to set up the splitter. It would be a lot easier to stack, and I could work out of the rain, and tick off my neighbors by running the splitter at all hours of the night. ;o)

I was meaning exhaust inside yes but if you have exhaust ducts built into your wood shed your the man. Haha I don't have power for lights otherwise I would be splitting at night but I split by hand so no exhaust for me anyway. Neighbors I only have one a ways down and she's never home so no worries for me. wouldn't have a neighbor that close

I was meaning exhaust inside yes but if you have exhaust ducts built into your wood shed your the man. Haha I don't have power for lights

No, I don't have such a setup. Just sayin'. My shed holds about 8 cords, full to the brim. No room for a splitter. I wish I did have a lot more room under roof. But then my property taxes would just go up again.

StinkyBunny do you have additional picks of your wood storage?

I am looking to put something up this spring. Yours looks doable.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No, I don't have such a setup. Just sayin'. My shed holds about 8 cords, full to the brim. No room for a splitter. I wish I did have a lot more room under roof. But then my property taxes would just go up again.

there's ways around that. For instance, snag an old road trailer, a big one, cargo trailer, something that isn't road worthy anymore. Not a building then, taxes shouldn't go up and I bet you could get more than 8 cords in one! Heck, wood down one side, shop down the other side!

hey, another thought. Get a good one instead, you were saying you are considering a move anyway. use the trailer to move with, once at the new place, instant shop and wood shed.

I've been looking at junk RVs and travel trailers for shop for myself actually.

Last edited:
Does this count.
IMG_20120906_134233-1.jpg

IMG_20120906_112312.jpg

I know they are sideways. . SORRY. Photo bucket is turning all my pics sideways and I can't edit them to turn them upright.
This is mostly Silver Poplar with some White Birch and White Spruce. It sat in the deck too long and some of it has gone soft. But. It beats snowballs at 60 below.

Does this count.
IMG_20120906_134233-1.jpg

IMG_20120906_112312.jpg

I know they are sideways. . SORRY. Photo bucket is turning all my pics sideways and I can't edit them to turn them upright.
This is mostly Silver Poplar with some White Birch and White Spruce. It sat in the deck too long and some of it has gone soft. But. It beats snowballs at 60 below.

What kind of unit are you fellas burnin' that in up there? Stove? Furnace?

Does this count.

.....did somebody say "free heat"?.....:biggrinbounce2::clap:

This goes in a furnace to heat a shop .. We only have 6 species of wood here in the Interior. .
White and Black Spruce.
Poplar. Some call it Aspen
Cottonwood
Birch
Willow.
Of these Birch is the best. But in this area there is very little of it.
Most people burn bettle killed spruce.

there's ways around that. For instance, snag an old road trailer, a big one, cargo trailer, something that isn't road worthy anymore. Not a building then, taxes shouldn't go up and I bet you could get more than 8 cords in one! Heck, wood down one side, shop down the other side!

hey, another thought. Get a good one instead, you were saying you are considering a move anyway. use the trailer to move with, once at the new place, instant shop and wood shed.

I've been looking at junk RVs and travel trailers for shop for myself actually.

I could probably do that, but I'm almost guaranteed that someone would be on the phone to the county. At one time we actually had a 48 footer on the property, full of milled hardwood. But the neighborhood make-up has changed a lot since we got annexed. Too many city slickers.

The problem with OTR trailers is that they have to be absolutely up to snuff or DOT will shut you down in a heartbeat.

Got a birdseye view of one of my wood yards yesterday, I have some processing to do.
firewoodyard.jpg

Tramp, I signed up for a Photobucket account to see how it's done. Kinda a pain in the butt.

From your page on photobucket, click on albums up on top, then edit photos below that. Then pick the image you want to fix, and at the bottom of the pic, click adjustment, then rotate, then you'll finally get to the screen where you can fix it with the arrow buttons, see screenshot below:

attachment.php

Likely, you have an auto rotate setting somewhere on your camera that's turned off, and it's telling the computer that the top is the side that causes this problem in the first place, but I'm not sure on that.

Last edited:
That is really too much screwing around on a computer for pics.:msp_ohmy::msp_mad:!

That is really too much screwing around on a computer for pics.:msp_ohmy::msp_mad:!

stihl023/5, I just went through the last 3 pages of your posts and couldn't really find anything with any substance. Are you ShaneLogs' brother or something?

Consider yourself ignored.

Latest posts

Back