Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Univerty of New hampshire never heard of it UNH?? Durham. NH its ok I try to keep a low profile :cool2:

I don't get wood from UNH it near where I live. I have two local loggers I get wood from.

Cantoo, you've got me beat. but I may get there someday That a large open area glad I don't have to mow that field

Last edited:
We let a neighbour crop the field, we only cut about 3 1/2 acres. My wife has a grass cutting business so no problem for equipment for cutting it, it's finding the time to cut it. I cut and block some stuff up in the bush then bring home and split off my dump truck. Going to have to sell some wood at some point. Too much wood around here due to mild winter. Wasn't as much wood burnt and due to easy winter more people were out cutting wood so there are piles for sale everywhere. Amish are pricing pretty low.

We let a neighbour crop the field, we only cut about 3 1/2 acres. My wife has a grass cutting business so no problem for equipment for cutting it, it's finding the time to cut it. I cut and block some stuff up in the bush then bring home and split off my dump truck. Going to have to sell some wood at some point. Too much wood around here due to mild winter. Wasn't as much wood burnt and due to easy winter more people were out cutting wood so there are piles for sale everywhere. Amish are pricing pretty low.

Any pictures of your piles ?

My wood shed

Ok then....Here's my little wood shed. 12'x9'x7'. Kinda different but it does the job. I've also got 3 rows under the deck that are 4'x4'x15' and just covered with tarps over the top. Plenty for this winter and another good sized pile of rounds out by the splitter, about 3 cord, that I can split up next spring to get started.

Ok then....Here's my little wood shed. 12'x9'x7'. Kinda different but it does the job. I've also got 3 rows under the deck that are 4'x4'x15' and just covered with tarps over the top. Plenty for this winter and another good sized pile of rounds out by the splitter, about 3 cord, that I can split up next spring to get started.

Looks like a nice set-up you got there! Rep sent

I'm too lazy to pile wood to dry because I have it sitting for a few years outside then put it inside my basement for burning that year. It falls off my conveyor and sits there on woeden skids until I load it with the tractor then dump it in my basement where my wife and daughter pile it. If I time my loading and dumping right they get it piled between dumps, I hate stacking wood. This year we have been piling logs in the bush and won't cut them until next year to burn in about 3 years. The stuff that is stacked have been sitting there for a couple years already. The wood infront is dead pine that I use for Swedish candles the rest is mostly maple, ash and cherry. View attachment 238205
238205d1336951037-piles3-jpg

I'm too lazy to pile wood to dry because I have it sitting for a few years outside then put it inside my basement for burning that year. It falls off my conveyor and sits there on woeden skids until I load it with the tractor then dump it in my basement where my wife and daughter pile it. If I time my loading and dumping right they get it piled between dumps, I hate stacking wood. This year we have been piling logs in the bush and won't cut them until next year to burn in about 3 years. The stuff that is stacked have been sitting there for a couple years already. The wood infront is dead pine that I use for Swedish candles the rest is mostly maple, ash and cherry. View attachment 238205

Looks like you got a nice collection of wood there :)

Hi guys. This is my first post on AS. I figure this thread is a good place to get started. Here are some pics of my modest wood pile, wagon and splitter. I just bought my house last summer. Paying to heat the place on LP just about drained me this last winter so i'v decided to burn wood. The county came by a few months ago i took down 4-5 trees around the house that were dying and in danger of falling into the road and power lines. I'm pretty sure they were all maple. I use my Jeep and the little wagon to haul it around to my wood pile. My grandpa has lent me his splitter so i'v been chippin away at the down trees when i have time. It sure would be nice to have wood stockpiled a couple years in advance like some of you guys. I wish i had some of the equipment you guys have too. First on the list is to find a nice wood furnace to put in the basement...

YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE!

(p.s. getting ahead is a pipe dream! but I keep thinking that too....)

Hi guys. This is my first post on AS. I figure this thread is a good place to get started. Here are some pics of my modest wood pile, wagon and splitter. I just bought my house last summer. Paying to heat the place on LP just about drained me this last winter so i'v decided to burn wood. The county came by a few months ago i took down 4-5 trees around the house that were dying and in danger of falling into the road and power lines. I'm pretty sure they were all maple. I use my Jeep and the little wagon to haul it around to my wood pile. My grandpa has lent me his splitter so i'v been chippin away at the down trees when i have time. It sure would be nice to have wood stockpiled a couple years in advance like some of you guys. I wish i had some of the equipment you guys have too. First on the list is to find a nice wood furnace to put in the basement...

238503d1337182261-img_20120506_194419-jpg

Fixed...
238504d1337182721-img_20120506_194536-jpg

Blackdog87 where in Northern Indiana are you located? Just curious. I'm north of South Bend but in Michigan.

That splitter looks interesting. There's a thread on here for posting photos of log splitters. I'd love to see you post some photos of your splitter there so we can check it out.

Looks like you have some nice tools to start off with.

Welcome!

this is more my speed...nice dry looking pile!

Blackdog87 where in Northern Indiana are you located? Just curious. I'm north of South Bend but in Michigan.

That splitter looks interesting. There's a thread on here for posting photos of log splitters. I'd love to see you post some photos of your splitter there so we can check it out.

Looks like you have some nice tools to start off with.

Welcome!

I'm about 30 minutes southwest of Fort Wayne. About 2 hours southeast of of South Bend. I'll try to find the splitter thread. I'd like to share it with you guys. The thing is a beast.

Besides the nice looking wood pile and stuff I like the dog. Here's a pic of mine.

downsized_0513121002.jpg

Back