Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow! Thanks for the update on that. I did not realize that trees were worth that much.

I've fell and bucked trees that sold for over 20,000 $
They went export and were real nice.
Fall a tree that has been growing for the better part of a thousand years when the foreign market is at its peak and there is some real $$$ involved. The Faller may only make 90 to 120$ for his troubles.
But that is why the emphisis on doing it right. !!
, he stump I'm standing on in my avatar was a tree that brought the guy I fell it for between 5+6 k $.
One of the reasons Fallers can get cranky. They need to get this stuff on the ground and bucked up without getting hurt or smashing their timber.

I've fell and bucked trees that sold for over 20,000 $
They went export and were real nice.
Fall a tree that has been growing for the better part of a thousand years when the foreign market is at its peak and there is some real $$$ involved. The Faller may only make 90 to 120$ for his troubles.
But that is why the emphisis on doing it right. !!
, he stump I'm standing on in my avatar was a tree that brought the guy I fell it for between 5+6 k $.
One of the reasons Fallers can get cranky. They need to get this stuff on the ground and bucked up without getting hurt or smashing their timber.

Just like farming.. The guy doing the work gets screwed in the end.. I wish you boys on the front line got more...

Hauled in two more loads of Red Oak today, after I finished cutting it all to 16" lengths. A one man wrecking crew. :hmm3grin2orange:
Now I'm tired and sore, time for sleep.....here's a few pics.

.....after load #4.....
attachment.php

.....after load #5.....
attachment.php

Nice, I like the pallets idea.

man pickupporter. couldn't you stack that split wood any neater?

Ahhh.... Oak logs... How's the Honey Locust burnin for ya this year?
Just don't let anyone know you cut that up with Dolmar saws...:rock:

I haven't burned any locust yet. Waiting on my Kuuma Vaporfire 100. Early NOV. eta...

All oak logs except one was a large pecan log! And yeah. The Dolmars chewed through them logs real fast!

I haven't burned any locust yet. Waiting on my Kuuma Vaporfire 100. Early NOV. eta...

All oak logs except one was a large pecan log! And yeah. The Dolmars chewed through them logs real fast!

I was wondering what that one on the top was... Never cut a fresh live Pecan before...:rock:

I was wondering what that one on the top was... Never cut a fresh live Pecan before...:rock:

Cuts nice, smells nice. But it splits just like hickory does. Kinda stringy and tuff. I brought a few splits into work for a guy that smokes a lot of meat. He's given me some hickory when I didn't have any. I hope he likes it!

Cuts nice, smells nice. But it splits just like hickory does. Kinda stringy and tuff. I brought a few splits into work for a guy that smokes a lot of meat. He's given me some hickory when I didn't have any. I hope he likes it!

He will...
Need some more???

249331d1345474785-jumbo-jpg

:msp_biggrin:

Wasn't feeling real vigorous, arm is still gimpy and back is *this close* to not being functional, but wanted to get some more fodder for Josh's big saws tomorrow, so I finished taking down the tornado hickory today. It was broken off and hung up around 9 feet or so. I stripped the bark over last year, pristine clean pretty wood with little to no bugs. Will be nice in the stacks. Had an overhang right over where I had to relieve pressure, so I shinnied up there and whacked that off. Then I ripped down the stress cracks and took off sections at a time to avoid sudden chairing or whatever, pinches.. Then for the finale I face cut a small maple it was leaning against, kissed the back cut and it went over slow and easy thunk, right onto some logs I had laid out. Should be a good load here. That and the remnants off that whopper twin stem oak should be nice to try his new masterminded 084 on tomorrow.

Did this work today with the MIGHTEE wild thang..really...just for fun...didn't even want to pick up a larger saw....ya, it's hollow where it broke, but most of it is solid wood. I burned some beore and still have better than a cord in the stacks from this tree. Heck, closer to two cords let thinking about it. It was a twin stem big one, this stem is from the first tornado (the one that nailed the cabin), the second one in the back with the second tornado, I posted some pics of it before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just gonna take the main log, the stub and assorted oddchunks can go back into the natural eco-system...

Should be some vids of tomorrow's action later this weekend I would imagine. Most likely he will stick them in the mastermind 084 build thread.

Just like farming.. The guy doing the work gets screwed in the end.. I wish you boys on the front line got more...

Ya, that's just how it goes. A guy can almost make a middle class income cutting for some company.
But in the long run the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The companies took the money out of falling timber. But their expensis. Went crazy too. Fuel at over 4$ a gallon. Unreliable markets and environmental lawsuits. . I think the only ones who MAKE money are the lawyers.

Latest posts

Back