Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cool! Less than an hour apart. Hey does anyone around here ever do a GTG?

Not yet, but it should happen, theres quite a lot of guys georgia/alabama/south tennesee/north carolina, etc..reasonable driving distance. Im still thinking on it here. We have the space and the trees to cut here, just I dont own here, Im a farmhand who lives onsite, and I dont think joe boss would like it. But..I havent asked him, but I know he doesnt like a lot of people around either, hes gunshy/paranoid (for good reason) from having too much equipment take a walk on him unfortunately..

Regular visitor or two, sure, thats ok, just dont know how he would take to like 20 guys showing up.. AS member Josh has come over a few times to cut and hangout, we call that the two guy get togethers.

So you think it would be possible to get a half cord in one with minimal stacking?

the problem is reaching into the bag to stack. you have to support it from top, and its pushing 6' tall. unless you have a way to put the bag in a hole so you can systematically toss them in, then i'd wager you could get a half cord in there.

the problem is reaching into the bag to stack. you have to support it from top, and its pushing 6' tall. unless you have a way to put the bag in a hole so you can systematically toss them in, then i'd wager you could get a half cord in there.

If you had a ring to go around the perimeter of the bag, you could over-lay the edges, then slowly raise the ring as the bag filled up. Not saying that it would be worth it, but might be a way to stack things in there tighter.

BTW, I think that those bags are a creative idea. Do you get some air circulation through the fabric, or is it sealed?

Philbert

This is the first time i have ever cut wood, started about a month ago.
got a little over 3 ricks done all split by hand with an X27.
The stack to the right is my first stack and the middle is my 2nd far left is my latest.
I feel like im getting better at stacking but no where close to some of you guys!

Guess I'll mosey on down to Sears and p/u one today...Home Depot offers it online only and I can't use my Military Discount that way!:angry:

Got it looking good!:msp_thumbsup:

This is the first time i have ever cut wood, started about a month ago.
got a little over 3 ricks done all split by hand with an X27.
The stack to the right is my first stack and the middle is my 2nd far left is my latest.
I feel like im getting better at stacking but no where close to some of you guys!

Guess I'll mosey on down to Sears and p/u one today...Home Depot offers it online only and I can't use my Military Discount that way!:angry:

Got it looking good!:msp_thumbsup:

Hey thanks!
you wont be unhappy with your purchase, it really is a great product. i wont ever use anything else after having a fiskars :laugh:

Here's this years all done ( 4 chords )

Next years starting, (2 full ricks, and half almost half a rick) Actually the 2 full ricks are 2 feet longer than a rick is

And here's what we have left to split from the loads we got so far for next year

Lotta oak and some maple
spent a grand total of $5, maybe $10 in gas getting it too :)

Here's this years all done ( 4 chords )

Next years starting, (2 full ricks, and half almost half a rick) Actually the 2 full ricks are 2 feet longer than a rick is

And here's what we have left to split from the loads we got so far for next year

Lotta oak and some maple

was the 10 in gas for your vehicle or saw?
did you get free gas and chain lube for your saw?

Here is about 11 cords from a 12 cord load (still got about 30 logs to saw yet) of birch I got in November. All of it was split with the X25 and X27. I did the cutting, helped stand up, toss, etc. so my wife and son split the majority of it. After xmas I'm going to get either a load of red oak or white birch coming to play with after the new year.

was the 10 in gas for your vehicle or saw?
did you get free gas and chain lube for your saw?

Gas was for the Jeep to go get it, here at home I use and electric chain saw to cut it down and the big round ones that are already 16" I simply lay flat and beat the he** out of them with my maul until they are small enough for the splitter :) All the wood so far has been cut up already into small enough pieces, since I go around here in town to get it, but if I ever find any out say,,,,,in Pungo or parts of Chesapeake I'll need my Sthil for that

Lotta oak and some maple

that's some pretty cheap wood

Here is about 11 cords from a 12 cord load (still got about 30 logs to saw yet) of birch I got in November. All of it was split with the X25 and X27. I did the cutting, helped stand up, toss, etc. so my wife and son split the majority of it. After xmas I'm going to get either a load of red oak or white birch coming to play with after the new year.

what's that white stuff, haven't seen that for two years, didn't even see it when i went to eau claire WI last year for new years

Yea its cheap wood:) in fact its free on Craig's List, and a couple of tree companies that call me and tell me where they leave wood that is good for burning, so they don't have to pay to dump it:)
If I have to BUY wood I go to a place called Jack Frost on Holland Road, they are the cheapest around and as far as I am concerned the best in the area

Still working on my pile-o-cherry.

9AD09F7D-891B-447E-9960-9EDF6A3535E3-3161-00000645A468AFB2.jpg

Cute little stack coming together. I decided to put this stack in the back of my property and on pallets.

64DE02D8-D7B0-41F3-9EF4-45B33F887DEB-3161-000006460AADE9DF.jpg

Nice picture of the sweet meaty inners of a large diameter piece I split. It's been hard trying to keep myself from burning this stuff. On the other side of the row of pines, behind this stack, is a walking path and there's always someone commenting on my "wood". :laugh:

E3AD8661-B98D-4734-A27D-DDB7C7D5FAB0-3161-00000646101B160E.jpg

64DE02D8-D7B0-41F3-9EF4-45B33F887DEB-3161-000006460AADE9DF.jpg

Nice picture of the sweet meaty inners of a large diameter piece I split. It's been hard trying to keep myself from burning this stuff.

I already gave up a couple weeks ago, I couldn't hold out on my cherry.

I already gave up a couple weeks ago, I couldn't hold out on my cherry.

I threw a piece in the other day and it hissed the whole time it was in there. I'm showing 40% on the moisture meter. Being cut/split in early October, that's what I was expecting.

Next year this time life will be cherry!

Latest posts

Back