Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I found the old commercial from 1971 and mentioned earlier. That thing has been haunting my memory. I have the same feeling when I see a man's work and the environment being wasted. I'm guessing more on this site feel the same.

The Crying Indian - full commercial - Keep America Beautiful - YouTube

Thanks for posting that hardpan. I remember that add well. Seeing how I graduated HS in 1972.:cry:

:cheers:
Gregg,

I remember that commercial, it's a good one. I graduated "a bit" later, 1983. :msp_rolleyes:
Thanks for the post hardpan!:msp_thumbup:

Imagine the cost of producing that commercial, almost nothing, yet it probably is one of the deepest hitting messages of all time and still has validity.

Now I'm spinning out of control off topic. 1971 was the height of the mini-skirt period and my old high school had a spiral stairs and........wow I have to get out of here.

I remember that commercial. And I am nowhere near as old as you old bastards. I wasn't even born when you graduated.

Back on topic.

I try to keep my woodpile as clean as I can get it and keep the area around the wood pile clean too. Who ever has the nicest/cleanest looking woodpile, I will send them some free stickers :)

Post away!

Shane

I don't fit Shane's mold, but my wife commented that my little spot in the yard was getting pretty messy ... so about 7 hours of rented Bobcat time later:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ron

View attachment 281325View attachment 281326View attachment 281327View attachment 281328View attachment 281329

But your as young as you feel! :msp_w00t: Time is linear, n age is irrelevant!

I graduated HS in 1969. It was a very good year. :msp_biggrin: N btw, I don't look my age n certainly don't act it. I'm just well seasoned! :msp_biggrin:

Need picture for proof!!!:msp_thumbup:

Need picture for proof!!!:msp_thumbup:

:laugh: I really have but a scant few pictures of myself. I have one that I have shown but it is out of focus of myself dragging a deer across the yard to where I was going to process it. That picture is better than a year old and snagged from one of the security cameras. I suppose one day I should put on a set of leathers to go riding and get a picture of me in front of my bike or something. But until then the bad picture is the best I can do.

View attachment 281355

:laugh: I really have but a scant few pictures of myself. I have one that I have shown but it is out of focus of myself dragging a deer across the yard to where I was going to process it. That picture is better than a year old and snagged from one of the security cameras. I suppose one day I should put on a set of leathers to go riding and get a picture of me in front of my bike or something. But until then the bad picture is the best I can do.

View attachment 281355
Well dern, now you gonna have to do it.:rock:

I love looking at everyones wood piles and splitting areas. All this wood is making me drool lol. I have a very small pile compared to everyone else. Pile I have is about 3 and a half Alder trees and a little more Alder to add to it. View attachment 281364View attachment 281365

Given a little time you will surely develop a bad case of FAD (firewood addiction disorder) Maybe even CAD (chainsaw addiction disorder) When I see a pile of unsplit wood like that, the first thing I think of is "where's my axe?"

Latest posts

Back