Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love looking at everybody's wood piles, and by seeing them I know that yall are prepared for whats coming.

Here is a few pictures of next years wood that is waiting to be cut and split. Hickory, Oak and Elm are the main species. Will probably need more than we have shown here as we feed an OWB for Grandpa, a furnace in Dads basement and a freestanding stove in my house.

Ron

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't fit Shane's mold, but my wife commented that my little spot in the yard was getting pretty messy ... so about 7 hours of rented Bobcat time later:

Looking good. You know what you have there? A spring bonfire. Cool evening, hot fire, a couple cold adult beverages, lawn chairs, friends and family. I do one like that every year.

I don't fit Shane's mold, but my wife commented that my little spot in the yard was getting pretty messy ... so about 7 hours of rented Bobcat time later:

Looking good. You know what you have there? A spring bonfire. Cool evening, hot fire, a couple cold adult beverages, lawn chairs, friends and family. I do one like that every year.

I have already paid for my burn permit (gotta love city living) but until the wind dies down the FD won't be issuing it. Ron

:msp_scared:We still really aren't sure what caused the fire, because it was very damp around the woodpile. Right away we thought foul play because we had a dispute with a neighbor over some land we had permission to cut on and he didnt think so but after confronting him about it I really dont think he would have started it. So long story short Im pretty sure with as close as the pile was to the stove an ember fell out of the door while I was loading it for the evening and I didnt notice it or a spark came out of the chimney. My insurance came through with flying colors, they were awesome they covered the stove, the wood and all the tools and tarps that were around it when it burned, they even covered the underground pipe and insulated tube that it runs in. No one was hurt thats the main thing. If you have a set up like mine you should make sure that your insurance will cover you if you (god forbid) should ever have an accident like this.

:msp_scared:We still really aren't sure what caused the fire, because it was very damp around the woodpile. Right away we thought foul play because we had a dispute with a neighbor over some land we had permission to cut on and he didnt think so but after confronting him about it I really dont think he would have started it. So long story short Im pretty sure with as close as the pile was to the stove an ember fell out of the door while I was loading it for the evening and I didnt notice it or a spark came out of the chimney. My insurance came through with flying colors, they were awesome they covered the stove, the wood and all the tools and tarps that were around it when it burned, they even covered the underground pipe and insulated tube that it runs in. No one was hurt thats the main thing. If you have a set up like mine you should make sure that your insurance will cover you if you (god forbid) should ever have an accident like this.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt and all worked out well in the end. ;)

Steve you are killing me, couldn't find this thread...

Anyways, a different point of view and a little progression on the 2014-15 stack in the back row. Oh, I was sweeping the chimney so about 30' up or so.

IMG_20130302_112552_414_zps5dc14e48.jpg

IMG_20130302_112547_671_zpsdc079187.jpg

That's a darn good lookin' shed you have there.

I have several stacks that look like that too; cribbing midway in the stack because you decided to extend the length of the row!

That's a darn good lookin' shed you have there.

I have several stacks that look like that too; cribbing midway in the stack because you decided to extend the length of the row!

Had to stick the shed in there, I built it last summer and its my magnum opus (at least in the carpentry arena.)

I have a new idea this year for cribbing every 8 ft. Sort of a movable roof system that I have yet to build but will incorporate a skid, some metal roofing, and 2 cribbed columns for support plus the tractor and forks to move around. It works in my head, but real life will determine its feasibility. I hate to build a woodshed, mostly because I don't want to handle the wood again and making it huge doesn't seem viable. This would be the benefit of the shed without added handling, just can't handle snow drifts, but hey.

I love looking at everyones wood piles and splitting areas. All this wood is making me drool lol. I have a very small pile compared to everyone else. Pile I have is about 3 and a half Alder trees and a little more Alder to add to it. View attachment 281364View attachment 281365

Are you stacking your wood or tiling your lawn with it? LOL :)
:msp_rolleyes:

Got the last of the red maple rounds out of the woods today. It's been raining a lot here and there was standing water and muck everywhere.

I pigged the woods up but got it done. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The garden seeds are started, too. C'mon spring. :)

attachment.php

Back