Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k3877k.jpg
getting reddy

Well here you go again Tom , making us look bad. LOL
If you stack it a little higher I think I will be able to see it from accross the sound.
As always looking good , Thanks for sharing.

Wood shed is full for winter of '14-15, plus a little extra between the pine trees, just in case!!!! 10 rows in the shed, 9.5' long X 6-7' high(front to rear)each. 25' long X 5' high between pine trees plus about 2 face cord.

I've got a Tri-Red Aussie as well...great looking dog!

Amazing , Obviously you must be doing something right . What do you think , another year or so and you will have to pack up and move due to the fact there are no more trees left on the island?

Nice to see your pictures as always, great job.

I have a vermeer 650tx...though I'm not sure if I'll be able to lift them when completely full. I hope so, then I can double stack them. Plus, place them one at a time beside the Owb.

No, I am completely getting rid of the plastic containers.

I only got 4. But if they work out for me, I'll need to get around 12 more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It's a rough, tough job, but someone has to do it..making sure some oak rounds don't blow away in the storms...

that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

Attachments

• IMG_20140429_192429.jpg
    IMG_20140429_192429.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 69
I have a vermeer 650tx...though I'm not sure if I'll be able to lift them when completely full. I hope so, then I can double stack them. Plus, place them one at a time beside the Owb.

No, I am completely getting rid of the plastic containers.

I only got 4. But if they work out for me, I'll need to get around 12 more.

Why not cut the front,and two sides leaving the top back and bottom solid, make the front and sides looks like a milk crate for drying? Even fasten two stacked together and use them as well for firewood? Sawzall would do it easy, circ saw faster....

The plastic is only about an 1/8" thick, so very flimsy. You would have to build in support. Plus I think this way is a cleaner look.

Most of my wood goes under a roof, and what doesn't I'll just put plywood over it.

I definitely couldn't lift a double stack full of wood...each tote would be about a half cord.

I'm planning to split 20" lengths, for now, and stack the tote cage in 2 rows.

Once I order my splitter, I'll probably split at 36" length...and only one row. The tote is 37x44 inches approximately.

I'm still thinkin the tank could be ventilated and still be "sturdy" for use just one high. Maybe a hole saw bit on a drill. Do a totecrate, then next to it a tank sandwhiched by another totecrate.

I cut the tops off the tanks, to fill them with junk. Once I get home, I'll lay one down and take a pic.

Do you have a special source for those? I've never come across one that wasn't $95-135.

Most of the ones I have seen, that are that expensive, are food grade and clean. I found a fairly local place that gets mulch dye in them, and they were a lot cheaper. Plus, I let them know up front that all I really want is the cage.

Latest posts

Back