Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently added a small grapple to the front of my JD GT. I'm still refining my use of it. But, rather than split these rounds where they landed and move the pieces to my stacks, I decided to move the rounds to the stack, so I can split them and stack them without the transport.

Ok, maybe I'm rationalizing the grapple, but I couldn't lift these rounds, could have halved them and put them in a cart, or could have split them to size and loaded them in a cart, but this should reduce my round-to-stack time.

Cheatin, cheatin, that there's cheatin! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! love it!

You would be better off building a small lean-to with a roof and out the wood in there. It will dry out better. And let your deck breath a little better so it won't rot.

It was 50 something here in central MN today. Nice sunny day, little windy but we'll take it. Took a few pics of the logs my guys brought me this winter. Got a small bit of it CSS but have a ways to go yet. Should be done before the end of spring unless the fishing gets good ;)

log.jpg

log1.jpg

log3.jpg

log4.jpg

It was 50 something here in central MN today. Nice sunny day, little windy but we'll take it. Took a few pics of the logs my guys brought me this winter. Got a small bit of it CSS but have a ways to go yet. Should be done before the end of spring unless the fishing gets good ;)

View attachment 490329

View attachment 490330

View attachment 490333

View attachment 490334
Jealous! Where in central MN are you. I am schlepping in the mud right now splitting by Mille Lacs.

Brian

View attachment 490329

View attachment 490330

View attachment 490333

View attachment 490334
Wow that looks nice there! Great pictures and nice logs and wood stacks. Is that outdoor wood furnace that hungry or do you sell some?

Wow that looks nice there! Great pictures and nice logs and wood stacks. Is that outdoor wood furnace that hungry or do you sell some?

In a cold winter my boiler will only use six cord, max. It has surprised me with it's efficiency. I have a short pex run and burn on seasoned wood which I know for sure makes a noticeable difference. Aside from that I have a stove in my shop and I sell a bit as well. Not as much as I did in the past, but it depends on market conditions, ambition, etc :)

The Log Guy showed up nice and early Saturday morning. Mixed load of Tamarack and Birch.

When I asked him how big the load was he giggled......so I imagine it's a little more than the usual 11-12 he brings. :D

A couple quick clips of him unloading. He's quite handy with the grapple...very handy.

The load all nestled in.

The Log Guy showed up nice and early Saturday morning. Mixed load of Tamarack and Birch.

When I asked him how big the load was he giggled......so I imagine it's a little more than the usual 11-12 he brings. :D

A couple quick clips of him unloading. He's quite handy with the grapple...very handy.

The load all nestled in.

That's a lot of wood! You must cut multiple logs at the same time with the 394. then..fiskars time!

Bears repeating, that's a lot of wood!

01fe822c704f4f99e2abe3f25d4fe94a.jpg
. Guess I will finally post a pic of my wood pile. New 365 for scale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hey guys got this load of walnut and some Osage yestersay morning...... I am getting 90 tops left over from logging a woods,all hardwood.....here is a pic of my wood pile, and truck loaded... My splitter is actually surrounded by wood... Will be splitting her way out soon as I get some spare time, whenever that is LOL.... And yes this will all be split and stacked to season correctly.....all my seasoned wood is tarped and can't see in the pic... Anyway on to pics... Kyle

Well I got a little video today of the operation. I wasn't able to get my friends go-pro but this gives you the jist of the deal.

We were only able to get 8 turns in before the neighbor called it due to we were going to lose the back road from all of the turning of the tele-handler.

Here is the neighbor getting a load from the log yard. Sorry for the crappy video......I'm no JJ Abrams. :crazy:

Here is a load up to the cutting/splitting/stacking area ready for yours truly dufus to cut. The neighbors boy took it.

As you can see there are interesting dynamics cutting those. I've had a couple get a little western when there have been large swings due to a large round dropping off, you just stay in the throttle and ride it out.

Also sometimes the load isnt perfectly set in the grapple and the logs shift. I actually pinched the bar today.

All in all, it's a great system for us. You can make a lot of hay in 1-2 hours.

Back