Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
load 8 out!

52b5956648c4b4579ffd37afc1a6812a.jpg

f28e373ef61476221ec162435e5eeb06.jpg

mostly oak.

Brian

now when you get to #9 and figure you have enough ? double it and have a start for next year! ...the rest of November is to be about the same as the first week ! cut, cut, cut then haul till it snows.... lol
no kidding, I am going to keep going and see if I can get ahead.

Brian

Almost have it all under roof. Hope to have it all finished tomorrow if the rain holds off. Then it's time to start stacking!

b966907451be781dfc2377d47ea99d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good size lean-to. What size are those structural members under that metal roof? 2x8? It'd be too little up here with our snow loads. you'd need 2x12 here I think and probably at least one more post in between in each direction and in center. And we'd need a permit to build it too...lol.

That's a good size lean-to. What size are those structural members under that metal roof? 2x8? It'd be too little up here with our snow loads. you'd need 2x12 here I think and probably at least one more post in between in each direction and in center. And we'd need a permit to build it too...lol.

They are 6x6 posts and 2x12 rafters. For northeast Indiana, three different pros told me that combo would be sufficient. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is the next attempt at winter sales stacks .... there are 60= 1/6th cord separated, stacked sections that make a 10 cord stash for real cold weather.... the rows are 24' long and 4' high of 16"/18" splits. so far there is 1.66 cords stacked.(minus an arm load) end of the rows is a spot for not so good junk wood about 1 more cord double row.001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Wow, firewood catacombs. I reckon @zogger would love what you've done with that place.

Well this is in Germany so space is at a premium. As a resident I have my allotted wood from the local forest. ( Each resident can have firewood from the yearly thinning and clean up at a very low cost. The heating systems can burn oil, coal and wood. ) The car port wood haven is mostly filled with farmers wood and forest dead fall. The chimney sweep has an annual contract so you are having the flue cleaned and inspected 3-4 times a year. So cedar, pine and other soft to medium hardwoods can be burnt.

Back