Poulan 2150/2500/Husqvarna 40 parts interchange question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawlog1992

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have 3 "junk" saws. The Poulans never ran enough to wear out, and the Husqvarna 40 ran for twenty years. Now the Husqvarna runs, but has no power in the cut. All three are clamshell types.

Question is does anyone know if either of the pistons and cylinders will interchange? I thought I might try to build an orange and green saw.

Thanks,

The engine from the 2500 should be basically the same as the 40. The 2150 is a different design.

The engine from the 2500 should be basically the same as the 40. The 2150 is a different design.

I'm not so sure about the 2500 cyl fitting. The Husky used that funky horizontal type case with those metal bearing retainers. The Poulan used a metal engine pan with step on the bottom of the cyl for extra bolts to fasten it to the case.

Just fix the 2500, ,there pretty good little saws.

I'm not so sure about the 2500 cyl fitting. The Husky used that funky horizontal type case with those metal bearing retainers. The Poulan used a metal engine pan with step on the bottom of the cyl for extra bolts to fasten it to the case.

Just fix the 2500, ,there pretty good little saws.
Mark you are completely correct. I looked at a 40 IPL and it is not the saw I thought it was. Sorry for the bad advice!

I thought it was a early version of the 140, but it appears it may be that older Partner design.

I also agree on fixing the 2500 - it is basically the same as a Jonsered 2040. Those engines can make good power.

Back