Poulan 2250 clutch removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not own the tool. However I can pick one up.

Or use your imagination- with two pair of fine nose locking pliers, large set of 90 degree fine nose, locking pliers and two 1/4 in rods.
Where there is a will there is a way- but hammer and blunt chisel works on these smaller ones more often than not- if you want to be fussy you could swap out the blunt chisel for a punch.

Meh....

On a Partner 351 clone....what I do is:
1) unscrew its sparkplug
2) on a 4-6 mm rope make 3-4 knots
3) put its piston so that it covers exhaust port and insert some amount of that rope inside the cylinder...it will act as a piston stop
5) crank its piston at TDC
6) take a screwdriver on the notch (right where it says "OFF") on its clutch and punch it 2-3times in the off direction...thats it

Could it be that for the first time there will be more resistance...since there is some baked dirt etc on the threads....

To put clutch back....screw everything back together....hand tight....

Turn on the chainsaw.....revv it and then engage its chainbrake....clutch will tighten itself back that way

Meh....

On a Partner 351 clone....what I do is:
1) unscrew its sparkplug
2) on a 4-6 mm rope make 3-4 knots
3) put its piston so that it covers exhaust port and insert some amount of that rope inside the cylinder...it will act as a piston stop
5) crank its piston at TDC
6) take a screwdriver on the notch (right where it says "OFF") on its clutch and punch it 2-3times in the off direction...thats it

Could it be that for the first time there will be more resistance...since there is some baked dirt etc on the threads....

To put clutch back....screw everything back together....hand tight....

Turn on the chainsaw.....revv it and then engage its chainbrake....clutch will tighten itself back that way
This saw has no chainbrake

Lots of info on-line about how to remove and re-install a Poulan 2250 clutch.

Best to use the clutch removal tool which is dirt cheap, block the piston if you do not have a impact tool.
Make sure you have the bar/chain and side plate in place before starting the saw.
If it's not properly tightened when you re-start the saw with the side plate off they will sometimes leave the area and could take some meat.
The arrow is indicating a left hand bass ackerds thread.

Lots of info on-line about how to remove and re-install a Poulan 2250 clutch.

Best to use the clutch removal tool which is dirt cheap, block the piston if you do not have a impact tool.
Make sure you have the bar/chain and side plate in place before starting the saw.
If it's not properly tightened when you re-start the saw with the side plate off they will sometimes leave the area and could take some meat.
The arrow is indicating a left hand bass ackerds thread.
I am absolutely going to buy the tool. That way I can make sure it is on tight.

Back