Poulan 245

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought, Mark. The wire is cracked badly and I was hoping to not have to change out the elec ign with the points one on my parts saw but I have tried new things before and have a pretty good idea of the steps involved in it from searching the site so I wil give it a go.
Nick.

When you do get the old wire out, and before you insert the new plug wire give the end a coat of this stuff:

attachment.php

The stuff works great. Anchors the wire, waterproofs it and insulates.

That's what I thought, Mark. The wire is cracked badly and I was hoping to not have to change out the elec ign with the points one on my parts saw but I have tried new things before and have a pretty good idea of the steps involved in it from searching the site so I wil give it a go.
Nick.

Well Nick you will have a major malfunction trying to convert a electronic ign to a points setup. The holes are in the case to mount the points, no problem there but you will find the electronic ign saw will not have a lobe cut on the crank for the points to ride on.

Latest posts

Back