Poulan 5200 Filter Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, clean looking work! Sure beats the previous, and much better than hunting for a NOS or decent used one.

Nice, clean looking work! Sure beats the previous, and much better than hunting for a NOS or decent used one.

Thank you! I am pleased with the repair thus far. I ran another tank through today and am happy to report that these common adhesives appear to hold up very well to heat exposure. :clap: As for fuel and oil, i couldnt say thus far, but so far so good! :givebeer:

Motti, all i can tell ya is the material / fabric is referred to as "interface". There are different kinds of this stuff. Some thin, some thicker. I physically blew through each roll of the stuff to find the perfect flow / filtering combination. This behavior had the store reps more than curious as to why i was putting my mouth on all the fabric rolls. o_O Ive seen similar material behind the door panels of various cars while doing speaker installs. If ya dont have any luck, i have more than enough. I'll gladly send you some :D
On the one hand, I appreciate the offer. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to sustain myself when I need more.

Although.... if i had a piece, I could simply ask someone at the fabric store to find me more of that type. Hmm.... Ok. Incoming private message. :)

Sorry for the thread dig guys. I was wondering if any more of the "interface" was available. I have a deflocked 5200 as well.

It is Inner Facing.
Used as an inner liner for fabric to give it more body/stiffness in shirts/blouses where the buttons/holes are and collars.

Just ask for it in a cloth shop, they should have a few types. Find one that flows like you want. Most of it is nylon, polyester, synthetic material.

Some of the newer filters for air conditioning might work too.

Latest posts

Back