Poulan Carb Adjustment Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnD-Gman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a tool to adjust the carb on a Poulan Pro 260. The screws have no slot or hole, but are approx 3/16" in diameter and have a serated edge. I have called several places and no one knows of such a tool. Thanks in advance.

dang i got mine just in time.. mines got both screws.. my sympathies.. i guess husky is next..i dont care how good a saw they put out if i cant adjust it it kill my interest in it.. but i know these fellas figure a way sooner or later.. probably already know.. another thing to do when u get a saw modified.. if its something that will turn u can always put u a grip on it for some kinda scew driver . just be slow an get it rite ..good luck

Get a couple of limiter caps and cut the stops off them and slide them over the serated edges of the adjusting screws. Will work like a charm. Later Butch

use a tap and die to get em out then put your own screws back in?

service tool

service tool part # is 530035560. Retail is about $5.50. This is actually a pretty good idea as they get out of putting on limiter caps. Anybody who can order a poulan part can get you one. If you can't find one I could mail you one.
Thanks,
Stevie Songer

I ordered one but haven't gotten it yet. They back ordered it. Got a new saw and can't set the carb. what a shame. No really I can I just have to make the tool like I stated in previous post.

Don't know how much space you have to work with, but I've used a piece of vacuum hose as a way to start spark plugs in tight places. Try pushing a piece over the screw head & turn.

If you have a straight shot at the screws you could try taking a piece if 1/4" copper tubing & slot / split one end w/ a fine hacksaw for maybe 1/2" back. Adjust the end for a snug enough fit by squeezing or spreading the end as needed.

take 'em out with a pair of small needle nose. then cut a slot in the head with a dremel and cut off wheel. or use a hacksaw if your a caveman.

Some of these carbs that have limiter caps and no shoulder on the screw and no friction springs will not hold adjustment if you do not put the limiters back on. I had some back way out on me from vibration and nothing but thread friction to hold the needles in place.

Songercarving, thanks for the part number. I will try to get the tool locally, but if I have a problem, I may call upon you. Thanks again. JohnD

I thought a Poulan carb adjusting tool was a 3LB sledge.

Bill

Last edited:
Well every da"" Poulan I every had was a crabby son of a gun. A 3lb sledge was a good tool to have around. The Micro required you to remove the air filter to adjust the carb. What sense does that make.

Bill

photo please

hlw49 said:
Get a couple of limiter caps and cut the stops off them and slide them over the serated edges of the adjusting screws. Will work like a charm. Later Butch
anyone have a photo of this fixit?

Somebody posted here once before that a red electrical butt connector works on those screws. When it comes to adjusting a Stihl I have found that that Bosch plug in a Poulan 3000 seems to be the best way to straighten them out so they run right.

Actually I am the one that uses the red butt connecter, but the resin coated
hemostats was funnier.
The red butt connecters are just the right size

Found Them!

I went to www.partstore.com and searched for Poulan P/N 530035560. Search resulted in TOOL CARB. ADJ. CSI, Poulan Part Number: 530035560, for $5.11. Shipping was a bit steep, but hey, it's a hard to get part. Hope that helps...

Back