Poulan Carb Adjustment Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrr, Husqvarna. I just bought a string trimmer yesterday from a box store (and before it starts I needed one yesterday and all the local saw shops where closed, I prefer to buy from them for customer care if I can) anyway I get a Husky 125L string trimmer (home owner model, I'm not in it for business) and the thing bogs down and dies when you hit the throttle, so I had to order the carb adj. tool to be able to adjust it, the way it is setup its hard to get anything in there to adjust it correctly.

I had the adjuster tool and it broke in my toolbox. Just pull the screws out and cut slots in them with your dremel, save some headaches.

I take the core out of a Bic inkpen, the plastic will slide over the splines with a little pressure making a nice snug fit.... you may have to experiment with a few diff ink pens... but it worked like a charm on my poulan pro 295 type 4

HTH's

I found one!

I have been looking for the SAME THING! I didn't even have an old tool that I could Modify to make it work, SOOOOOOO, I had to call around. I found it at Ervin's Small Engine - 250-563-3265
1698 Lyon Street South, Prince George, BC V2N 1T2
I hope this Helps.
ps, I also have just e-mailed Poulan, I put in my Model Number, found the parts list and crap like that, but nothing, so I clicked on "contact us" and sent them an e-mail regarding this ever so frustrating issue LOL :chainsawguy:

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a tool to adjust the carb on a Poulan Pro 260. The screws have no slot or hole, but are approx 3/16" in diameter and have a serated edge. I have called several places and no one knows of such a tool. Thanks in advance.

I have been looking for the SAME THING! I didn't even have an old tool that I could Modify to make it work, SOOOOOOO, I had to call around. I found it at Ervin's Small Engine - 250-563-3265
1698 Lyon Street South, Prince George, BC V2N 1T2
I hope this Helps.
ps, I also have just e-mailed Poulan, I put in my Model Number, found the parts list and crap like that, but nothing, so I clicked on "contact us" and sent them an e-mail regarding this ever so frustrating issue LOL :chainsawguy:

Well, they did it on purpose, Poulan doesn't want you to have the tool, so you can't alter their factory EPA-happy adjustment. Poulan doesn't really care, but they need to keep big brother happy. I have a new Poulan I got as a disposable saw to run on this crappy E-10 gas, was too lean out of the box. I whittled down a plastic pen to fit the screws, worked OK but still ordered the tool.

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a tool to adjust the carb on a Poulan Pro 260. The screws have no slot or hole, but are approx 3/16" in diameter and have a serated edge. I have called several places and no one knows of such a tool. Thanks in advance.

I am looking for same info, if u find, please let me know. thanks

Man poulan sucks everybody is trying to rig together crap (including myself) to adjust their carbs which were improperly set from the factory, next time ill get a husky

Man poulan sucks everybody is trying to rig together crap (including myself) to adjust their carbs which were improperly set from the factory, next time ill get a husky

The carb companies make the carbs for Husqapoulan, but will not sell the
tools to adjust them, you have to get them from the saw companies.

I made one out of a piece of brass tubing that was just undersize, used a centerpunch to flare the end slightly and just tapped it on with a light hammer.
It will swage itself to the size of the head and take the spline impression.
You can epoxy it into an old screwdriver handle if you want to be fancy.
I think the brass tube was about 4mm or so in dia.

I went to www.partstore.com and searched for Poulan P/N 530035560. Search resulted in TOOL CARB. ADJ. CSI, Poulan Part Number: 530035560, for $5.11. Shipping was a bit steep, but hey, it's a hard to get part. Hope that helps...

my distributor shows 96 at one warehouse 19 at another 27 at the other warehouse sale price of 5.00 plus shipping but i was under the impression that poulan told me that you cannot sell these tools to the general public that is why poulan pays me per hr to work on there equipment for

little bit about the partstore .com who are they first place ?

when it appears all they deal with is frigidaire etc. wait a second electrolux that is the company who owns poulan

and frigidaire

but there site is really electronics etc. based not ope type of business

Last edited:
The problem is shipping in my book to Alaska. When I order from Bailey`s I like to have a number of items to order to keep shipping cost down. I do try to give the local saw shops some business but Baileys beats their price even with shipping.

Back