Poulan PP330 Bar Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a Poulan PP330 with a 16 inch bar in it, but also have the 22 inch bar that came with it. Every now and then I need a longer bar for felling or bucking a tree (firewood) and am thinking about putting this 22 inch bar to work - or replacing it with something else. I know the stock chain is not very good, so would likely change it out too.

The model number on the bar is 530 044698, 50 3/8 76 GS

Is the above bar a decent bar or would you recommend a different bar of the same length?

What about a different bar length and what type/model bar?

Thanks!
Bill

I've got a Poulan PP330 with a 16 inch bar in it, but also have the 22 inch bar that came with it. Every now and then I need a longer bar for felling or bucking a tree (firewood) and am thinking about putting this 22 inch bar to work - or replacing it with something else. I know the stock chain is not very good, so would likely change it out too.

The model number on the bar is 530 044698, 50 3/8 76 GS

Is the above bar a decent bar or would you recommend a different bar of the same length?

What about a different bar length and what type/model bar?

Thanks!
Bill

Bill, I'm not sure I know what your getting at here. You already have the 22" bar and you say you will only need it now and again. Put a decent chain on it like a 72LPX and go cut your wood.

The original bar is just a laminated bar kinda like a Pro Lite so its not the best bar out there but you alreay have it so use it up when you need to. 22" is long as you want to go on a 54cc saw anyway.

Really though today the only 3/8's bars that are made in the K041 mount that saw uses is a 20" and 22" laminated bar. You want other options, you look for NOS bars or modify a small mount Husky K095 bar to work on it.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I just want to see how my stock bar stacks up to other offerings. It is a very flat bar top to bottom, not much if any arch, and maybe there shouldn't be, so I didn't know if this was a bar made to compliment a safety chain or a "normal" (if there is such a thing) chainsaw bar. I thought I would ask.

Thanks again!
Bill

I agree. Go get a decent chain and put the 22" bar you have. For occasional use it will hold up just fine.

and if you wear out your 16 inch you may be able to get some of these. They are only 15" but at less than $5 each from one of our sponsers here they are a pretty good value I think. They can be easily modified to fit many saws. Solid bar. I doubt I will live long enough to wear them out. :hmm3grin2orange: modifying the stock dawgs gives me the same cut capacity as a 16 with the stupid stock dawgs. :laugh:
attachment.php

View attachment 289563

That is one stubby bar - LOL!!!

and if you wear out your 16 inch you may be able to get some of these. They are only 15" but at less than $5 each from one of our sponsers here they are a pretty good value I think. They can be easily modified to fit many saws. Solid bar. I doubt I will live long enough to wear them out. :hmm3grin2orange: modifying the stock dawgs gives me the same cut capacity as a 16 with the stupid stock dawgs. :laugh:
attachment.php

View attachment 289563

Who??

Latest posts

Back