Poulan Pro 295 bucking spike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenjack

Reaction score
I got a Poulan Pro model 295 and it came with a bucking spike that wasn't attached. The manual makes no reference to putting it on. I see where it needs to attach, but there is a metal plate around the screw holes where it attaches. The plate doesn't look like it comes off(it's locked around the threads on the bolts for the chain bar). Am I suppose to put this thing on, or is poulan telling me I shouldn't for lack of any reference in the manual, and the metal plate?

Thanks for any advice
Hal

got one in the shed out back, ill look tomorrow and let you know how its on there. seems like it attatches to the saw, not the clutch cover if i remember right.

Thanks

I was fooled by the tab on the metal plate that was pressed up against the bolt. Looked like it fit on one way and wouldn't pop up. It's on now, and all is right with the world once again.

Thanks

I hope you put the spike screws in with some locktite, they will back out with out it. And get used to pulling that plate off, you need to pull it to clean out the oiler behind it. I hope you got an bar adjustment screw on that saw, the intense ez-adjust bar that comes standard on them is trash without an adjustment screw.

bugfart said:
I have a cattle catcher and a huge set of Steer horns I'd like to mount on the front of my Gremlin.:D

I would use locktite and lockwashers, the horns are likely to try to run away from the little monster. ;)

Latest posts

Back