Poulan Pro 330 adjustable oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrobosaurus

Reaction score
Just got a Poulan Pro 330, to replace the 13 year old Poulan that finally died, and have a question about the adjustable oiler? Which way do you turn the thing to increase the oil flow? Got the manuals, no help there. Bar is oiling fairly well but would like to adjust upwards.

Also, any ideas for a twenty inch bar for the 330? Came with a 22" and cuts great, but want to shorten it a little. Will it take any of the bars from the larger Poulan Pro's, or do I get the joy of making a modification or three?

Screw out for more oil to the bar, If my memory serves me right. Sent you a pm too.

I don't remember which way the oiler adjustment turns for more oil-but out seems correct. The bar mount is a K095(Small Husky) mount.

Cut-The differences between an 041 mount and the 095 are minor-The K095 esentially fits everything that the 041 plus some saws which have a different oiler outlet location. -You were right-041 is actually correct but so is K095-you can take a bar off a Husky Rancher right onto the PP330 and go to work.

A lot of 041 mount bars are little laminated bars intended fro 3/8ths low profile chain and sub 40cc saws-As far as I know the K095 is only made for full sized bars for 3/8ths and.325 AND----There are some .325 narrow kerf 095 mounts(I think).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Stumper. Wish i knew that back when I was looking for a 16" K041 mount. Searched the world over and came up with only 2 bars back then.

Thanks a million! Got a bar on the way to go with the 5 20" chains that came with the thing. Fired it up over the weekend using the 22" bar, got the oiler tuned in, and promptly fell in love with the saw! Got three decent sized sweet gums down and disposed of with no problems. Thanks again!

I hear that Poulan quit making the 330 due to epa and the mufflers on them.
If you take the 2 bolts out of the front and remove that baffle it will really run or at least drill bigger holes in the baffle. Also take a pair of pliers and remove the carb plastic stops and adjust the carb, richen the high side up afterwards. They set them so lean from the factory to pass epa. They cook themselves from the heat build up of running lean.

Back