Ms261 bar oil adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prahanien

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m going crazy. I just got a new one. Great Saw but the bar oil needs to be adjusted for a bit more flow. I cannot find anywhere showing how to exactly adjust it. Not seeing it in the manual, I could be blind or just not looking hard enough and not seeing any YouTube videos actually showing it done. I see the oiler adjuster bolt in the underside and it loosens….but that’s it. Just loosens…what is the step after that. Surely I don’t leave the bolt loose….?

Iirc tightening it increases flow. What size bar are you running? I don’t remember if the 261 has the pin you can punch in to give it more but it should be fine maxed oiling a 20.

It was already locked down tight. I could only loosen….and the oil flow is not enough. And the tolerance of the bolt doesn’t appear that it would be the kind that would withstand vibration to stay in a loosened position. Surely I am missing something

I’m going crazy. I just got a new one. Great Saw but the bar oil needs to be adjusted for a bit more flow. I cannot find anywhere showing how to exactly adjust it. Not seeing it in the manual, I could be blind or just not looking hard enough and not seeing any YouTube videos actually showing it done. I see the oiler adjuster bolt in the underside and it loosens….but that’s it. Just loosens…what is the step after that. Surely I don’t leave the bolt loose….?
The adjustment screw/bolt is only a 1/4 turn. Use a SMALL screwdriverso you don't bust the stop off of the pump flange and ruin the pump.

image.jpg
The adjustment screw/bolt is only a 1/4 turn. Use a SMALL screwdriverso you don't bust the stop off of the pump flange and ruin the pump.
I’m dumb every body. My wife will confirm this. I’m looking at the wrong damn bolt. I did not realize that the oil adjust bolt is hidden inside. I’m looking at the one just beneath the sprocket that is exposed. Sorry. Thanks for the help all. I’ll crawl back into my hole image.jpg

I’m dumb every body. My wife will confirm this. I’m looking at the wrong damn bolt. I did not realize that the oil adjust bolt is hidden inside. I’m looking at the one just beneath the sprocket that is exposed. Sorry. Thanks for the help all. I’ll crawl back into my hole

You're not the first one to be tripped up by that. Even though I know where it is, I can't see into the dark dirty spot to make an adjustment. Set it high and Fuhgeddaboudit.

Latest posts

Back