Poulan Pro 330 saw - carb gummed up. What's the deal here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerraForte

Reaction score
I've found a Poulan Pro 330 chainsaw. A bit used, but really a beef unit. 54cc and a 22" bar. Wow!

Typical - stored away with gas. Carb gummed up. Fires over on starting fluid, but still a picky bastard of a machine. Sometimes fires over, sometimes doesn't. 22" bar is huge and saw isn't well balanced, so it see-saws. Air filter design is stupid. Etc. You know how it is - "it ain't no Stihl or Husky" that's for sure.

Usually when I get these non-runners, and determine it's the carb, I just say heck with it and order a knock-off clone for $10-15 on Amazon. Tune the high-end and check plug to make sure it's not burning up lean.
I can't seem to find that for this one. I keep searching for details about the Poulan Pro 330, but it's almost like the thing doesn't exist. I can't find any cheapo carbs for sale, only "repair kits" for it because it's a Walbro. I don't want to fiddle with replacing the diaphragm and gaskets just for it to still not run. I much prefer to throw on a cheapo carb in 15 mins and have it work great with minimal fine tuning.
No luck searching for "HDA-137" or "HDA-164" either. Most replacement parts are aimed at the (I guess newer?) saws in the 30-40cc range.
What gives? I know it's not even worth the effort, but I can't give the dang thing away on craigslist since it doesn't run.

Back