Poulan pro 655 Bp!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I ran almost a tank through it today in a log pile cutting up some poplar that was seasoned out pretty good and some cherry. It ran great. I'm real impressed with the power of it. The 576 felt like a toy after using it for a few minutes.

Just out of curiosity what was the 655 rated at hp wise? Acres doesn't list it.

Check out the Pioneer P65. If it's not listed, should be just a little higher than the P62.

Yeah I haven't found it listed anywhere. Whatever it's rated at is probably lower than it really is.

Yeah I haven't found it listed anywhere. Whatever it's rated at is probably lower than it really is.

yeah those old school saws just made so much more torque than todays high revers it is a bit misleading,,,

Have I told you what a lucky F _ _kstick you are today to jhave gotten that saw???????

Ill give your your money back and then some!!!!!!!!!

No Rick you haven't told me today. I guess I deserve it to find one in that good of shape.

Yeah Rick I lucked up on it. I think I could use it as a firewood saw if I needed to. My friend liked it and asked where he could get one. I showed him the one brad has for sale and he's thinking on it. He needs to hurry before it ends up gone. These saws are a little ahead of their time in weight/power.

Yeah Rick I lucked up on it. I think I could use it as a firewood saw if I needed to. My friend liked it and asked where he could get one. I showed him the one brad has for sale and he's thinking on it. He needs to hurry before it ends up gone. These saws are a little ahead of their time in weight/power.

I'll agree with you on the power part. Weight? Naw I wouldnt say that.

Well Mark compared to a 660/9010/394/5 it's right in line with the weight. A full wrap in one of them is only a lb or maybe 2 behind it. I would imagine a 394 would be pushing 19 lbs.

Well Mark compared to a 660/9010/394/5 it's right in line with the weight. A full wrap in one of them is only a lb or maybe 2 behind it. I would imagine a 394 would be pushing 19 lbs.

I would say that it was inline with most from its time, maybe just a little lighter then some, heavier then a couple others. I know my Husky 1100 felt lighter but then again I never weighed it.

I know for a fact that its 1.6lbs heavier then a 9010. :laugh:

Your right though there not a ton and the power makes up for alot of it. I just thought you were reaching a bit on that part.

Well whatever they weigh isn't that bad. When you get to that sized saw they're all pretty heavy with a 32" bar hanging off it. I know it holds a quart of fuel at a time. A gallon won't last long using it to buck up some big logs. :cheers:

It took me over a year to get ahold of this one. I want a 166 but those seem harder to find then anything out there so I'm figuring on a couple years for that search to turn one up when I have extra money laying around.

It took me over a year to get ahold of this one. I want a 166 but those seem harder to find then anything out there so I'm figuring on a couple years for that search to turn one up when I have extra money laying around.

I got to run a 166 Sunday. Trust me, I never gave much thought to one before, but now I want one to. Dose it ever stop?

I haven't got to run one of them but want one anyway. I would take the mcculloch version of it also.

I just lucked my way into a free 655 unsure if its a BP or not here are some pics. The gas cap is in bad shape. Going to try the file trick/someone posted about a stihl part to replace the one-way valve. If anyone has that part number please post again or send me a message. Also looking for the correct KN filter it had a foam filter that did not keep saw dust out of the intake. So rebuilding the carb/putting the correct air filter on. If anyone has a 42 in bar that will fit. I need one to cut slabs on a cedar I have down in the backyard. Any other suggestions you all have. I am all ears. IMG_2114.JPG IMG_2112.JPG

Back