Poulan pronunciation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldiehoggydoggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it (pull-on), (poll-in), (pool-en) what? I've heard it called everything and I personally pronounce it (poll-in). So could some pro's clarify this please. Then again I may just end up where I started with this thread.

HA @--> poll In!! lol

lmao

Hows about POOH LAWN??

:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
No matter what you call them they are still just junk. Do yourself a favour and go buy a man's saw, like a Stihl or Husqvarna.

Go buy a man's saw ?

No matter what you call them they are still just junk. Do yourself a favour and go buy a man's saw, like a Stihl or Husqvarna.

All saws have their place. For some Poulans or other low cost saws make a lot of sense. I have 2 husqvarnas and a poulan I bought new for $79 bucks three years ago. For a small lightweight saw I would NEVER get my moneys worth out of a stihl or husqvarna. I simply don't have enough need for a saw that size. When I do, the Poulan always takes care of the need like a champ. If I have a laborer working for me and have him cutting small wood, I don't necessarily want to have him use my more expensive Husqvarna saws. Of if I need to loan a saw out to a neighbor.
If that $79 dollar saw fell apart tomorrow, I'd go buy another as I the value for the task makes a lot of sense.

It's too bad some folks are too ignorant to understand that one does not always need a pro saw. That is why there is a market for saws like Poulan. Comments like a "go buy a man's saw" shows your total lack of understanding of the subject matter.

All saws have their place. For some Poulans or other low cost saws make a lot of sense. I have 2 husqvarnas and a poulan I bought new for $79 bucks three years ago. For a small lightweight saw I would NEVER get my moneys worth out of a stihl or husqvarna. I simply don't have enough need for a saw that size. When I do, the Poulan always takes care of the need like a champ. If I have a laborer working for me and have him cutting small wood, I don't necessarily want to have him use my more expensive Husqvarna saws. Of if I need to loan a saw out to a neighbor.
If that $79 dollar saw fell apart tomorrow, I'd go buy another as I the value for the task makes a lot of sense.

It's too bad some folks are too ignorant to understand that one does not always need a pro saw. That is why there is a market for saws like Poulan. Comments like a "go buy a man's saw" shows your total lack of understanding of the subject matter.

Nardoo was joking. Al has enough poulans to fill a small house.

Well boys, after a little bit of searching while wondering the same thing myself, I think I may have found the definitive answer to this question...

Key Poulan, whom is a descendant of the Poulan's that started the company, has explained it here in his blog I've linked: Google

He's a musician, it seems, and has no part in the chainsaw industry whatsoever. However, reading the linked blog (especially the lower half) will explain the origination of the surname, its pronunciation, as well as some other history. They weren't French, the surname actually being "Poland." However, there was a spelling error on their "immigration papers" which actually date back to the 1600's, according to him, and thus "Poulan" was born.

He has actually made a youtube clip with how his name should be pronounced:

[video=youtube;XY37cuvbY8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY37cuvbY8s&feature=share&list=UUuGvw4oJxQb90iiiDv3OtAg[/video]

And to add to my previous post, Key Poulan claims that the City of Poulan, Georgia was actually named after his great, great, great Grandfather.

After watching the pronunciation of this city in another clip, it seems to back up this claim. They also pronounce it like "Poland" without the "d"...

Al is right, they are junk and I will recycle any that are unwanted.

There was a thread on this some time ago and someone (Cliff or Mark?) posted a company ad that gave the proper pronunciation. Perhaps a search would bring it up.

Yeah, it was hilarious.... I don't care how many he has, It was stupid comment that had no merit or "joke" to it.

Typical behavior of a new lifeform found on the west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) of the United States. Other similar examples are found in most major metro areas in the states as well as high concentrations in Illinois and New York State.

Scientists gave this critter the designation of "Liberalus Californicus Squallis Bawlis"

Luckily I have started a thread for his type, with the intention they will all congregate in the same area being that they generally don't mix well with others.

http://www.arboristsite.com/off-topic-forum/228594.htm

Clip for extra proof... The Mayor of Poulan (POLL-an), Georgia arrested for drug possession? You bet!

[video=youtube;sxfudlBny9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxfudlBny9M[/video]

Back