power lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been buzzed by service lines with missing insulation hanging siding. its a lot like a 110 outlet in a house. it wouldn't seem like cutting a limb that's contacting it would get you. but I've never tried and could be wrong. I just have em taken down. I just looked at a maple in the city that has 3 lines to 3 different houses going through it. that means the H.O. and 2 of his neighbors will be without power for a day. I kinda feel bad but i'm not getting nailed. maybe I wont get the bid anyway.

I cut a black walnut tree for my brother a couple yrs ago that was growing next to a 7k line and had a couple of small branches that had grown toward the line and were growing leaves between the top and bottom wire. I know this isn't the approved method but if your out in the country and have a clear shooting lane beyond the tree, a 12 ga shotgun with a turkey choke works pretty well. I stood in the basket of the manlift about 10-15 feet away from the offending branch and blew it off. It took about 3-4 shots and I had the branch on the ground and could safely work on the rest of the tree.

off topic but my grandfather and uncle where shooting clay birds in the back yard towards a field. they never even noticed they where shooting down the power line until it fell.

So...why didn't you just get a 50 cal Ma Deuce (.50 BMG) and have some real fun with it?

Film it and make a fortune on utube; I can guarantee that I would want to see someone trim a tree with a machine gun.

Ill have to say that would be a fun way to trim some trees as long as you didn't have any neighbors in a 5 mile radius.. The problem is, with the price of ammo these days all id get done is the lilacs before I ran otta $$$..

Back