power out woodmaster 4400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orion2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
yesterday, I had the misfortune of the power going out for 16 hours, I did have the stove intially installed with a plug in so I was able to just plug it in to keep it running with a generator, but the furnance fan did not have power, I was wondering if anyone has the fan or the furnance wired so it can be plugged into a generator, it ended up being a long day good thing it was not that cold, any ideas would be appreciated Thanks Rick

I wired the boilier and furnace together. Then ran a pig tail out of the box.
I barrowed a 1500 watt generator with a 45 min. gas tank so it was a quick fix.
Good luck
Chuck D.

My OWB and forced air furnace are on the same circuit.I have it set up with twist lock plugs/rec.Made a cord for the genny with the same twist lock.

Once we lost power right as I was leaving for work.It was -10 I had no way to hook the OWB up to the generator.I could barely even pull the damn thing over it was to cold and wouldnt start.

I ended up unwiring the pump from the owb and hooking it up to an inverter running off my car for 2.5 hours,it kept my water from freezing and my car was very toasty for the drive to work.

That night I wired em so I could plug them in and moved the generator from the barn to the basement.

That night I wired em so I could plug them in and moved the generator from the barn to the basement.

VERY resourceful when the chips were down there! :bowdown:

One STRONG word of caution, though. About a week ago, a 45 year old man and his 18 year old daughter were killed by carbon monoxide (CO) in their home.

They had been running a gas-powered generator because they couldn't pay the electric bill.

If you put the genny in your basement, make sure it exhausts outside!

As Dingeryote says, "Stay Safe!"

:jawdrop: No it's just stored there to keep it warm(no gas left in it).

I'll be pushing it outside BEFORE it's started.

Back