Power rope ascenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good, we don't need any crybabys that have only signed up just to promote themselves. If you want to sell your product here, you need to be a sponsor. If you are the manufacturer only, and have just signed up to promote your product and you have all this claimed time into R&D, you really should have anticipated a little criticism and had your answers ready. Threatening us with taking your self serving two post career here and leaving....well, it makes us laugh.

Good advice!

This^^ HA HA

It does have an ascender backing up the rope pulley, its on top of the whole get up with a safety directly to your harness. If you trust your life on a srt system then this is no different. Your climbing setup is run through a ring on the bottom of the machine. So if you hit bees or what have you, kill the motor unclip your safety and hit the deck.

I can't blame the guy for being abrasive when met with un-constructive criticism right off the bat.

"Made by Tree guys for tree guys......"

ropetek is a self described tree guy. If he's going to sell these things he needs to hire some college grad with a BA in marketing. Getting abrasive with some numbnut on a forum does nothing to promote your product. It only denigrates the developer and product.

The college grad would have been on this forum months, years ago putting out feelers for the Wraptor. What people wanted, needed, and what it would be worth for them to own. Now, one month from availability, marketing could fend off the assaults with all the positive technical and financial attributes of the product. All the criticism, constructive or other wise, would have been dealt with long ago. At this point, all of your online chatter should consist of---when will the Wraptor be available?

Best of luck with the Wraptor because I think it's kewl:clap:. A seasonal arborist may not be able to justify the cost. However, you might have a bunch of wealthy disabled tree stand hunters who need a lift. ropetek has probably explored this revenue stream???

Regards, Dave

Wonder how much THAT would add to the cost... :laugh:

I don't know. But I'm sure of one thing----neither do you.

If you've got a bunch of money tied up in the Wraptor development. It might be worth looking into. A bunch of kids graduate this Spring into an economy that is less than stellar. Might not cost as much as you think. You might have to think outside the box in regards to compensation. Many possibilities exist beyond a monthly salary.

I don't think that will be needed, After a few tree guys get there hands on the final production runs and start bragging about it on here, all of you will be knocking down the door to get yours.

I don't think that will be needed, After a few tree guys get there hands on the final production runs and start bragging about it on here, all of you will be knocking down the door to get yours.

works1,
Can't wait to hear the feedback. First look, non-arborist, the Wraptor looks like a great product. Bottom line, the "tree guys" as you say will make it or break it. Hope it's the former.:rock:

Not for that price! You see the price of the winch on the GRCS? Geez if what you guys are saying about R and D and this and that why is it reasonably priced? Cuz Greg wants to sell them not make them and have them sit there collecting dust in a warehouse. $2500 is ridiculous and is actually funny to me.:laugh:

The winch on the grcs costs 1500 bucks. What is your point? All the rest is simple metalwork.

What point are you making here? I actually own 2 grcs. Its manually powered, and it costs 2500.

Last edited:
The point that I am making is that the product does not justify the price.. The winch alone on the GRCS is worth 1500 plus the metal work plus the strap plus the bar plus the bollard post. The price is not cool of the wraptor and I hope the guy changes his mind about that. This is a global market and if there is demand for it then companies will fight for a piece of the pie. No disrespect to the guy but the price was not cool.

Things that make you go hmmmm!

If the guy runs like he did with a just little criticism..wonder if you'd be able to find him if you had a problem or needed parts?
1191f91g1ZZZZZZZZZ89qdc4f11d29ed31b.jpg

Latest posts

Back