Powersharp (first impression)pics and vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know there have been a few reviews of the Power sharp systems but i figured i would give you all my .02 cents.

To start things off i bought my Power sharp system (Chain, Bar, stone, and yellow attachment) from a local dealer. I wanted to run this system on my Husky 334T. the system i bought was 65$ and said it would fit my saw along with a huge list of huskys, jreds, homelites, and poulans. I got the system home and it was not the right bar mount for my saw. I called Oregons costomer service # and talked to a very nice lady. I told her what i had bought and that it would not fit my saw. she looked up the info and said hmmm oops the packaging must not be right because youre right it wont fit your saw...... so she mailed me out the proper system with a return box to send the other one back. I really appreciate the costomer service they didnt questioin what i was telling them they just sent me what i needed.

Ok so i got the system and put it on my saw. The quality of the bar and chain is top notch. I cut some oak and maple with the system yesterday and it cut great. I would say it cut as fast or faster than stock husky semi chisel chain. It didnt seem to jump or chatter/ vibrate anymore than normal chain. Today i cut a few cookies from a 2 year old 10-12'' red pine log (thats all i had readily available).

Here is the system on my 334T

DSC05755.jpg

DSC05756.jpg

Here is the vid Cutting red pine

click on the picture to play video

So here is my reasoning behind buying and using this system.

I can/do sharpen all my own chains. I am not a pro but i can sharpen a chain to cut good and pull big chips. I keep this saw in my truck all the time. I also take this saw with me when i am offraoding for clearing fallen trees from the trails. the beauty of this system is that no watter what you cut you will always have a sharp saw in seconds. If i am on the side of the road in a snowstorm clearing a fallen tree or in 3 feet of mud with my jeep trying to cut a log that has me high centered i will always have a sharp saw.

I hope to use this system a lot more and see how it holds up and how many times i can sharpen the chain before i need a new one.

Good deal, I got to talk to a couple of the Oregon reps at a show last year, but havent had the chance to see one of these work in person.

I think it's best chance to catch on is with what they did with their cordless saws where they integrated it into the saw inside the clutch cover. Funky looking chain but cuts pretty good ime

I think it's best chance to catch on is with what they did with their cordless saws where they integrated it into the saw inside the clutch cover. Funky looking chain but cuts pretty good ime

I like this option because you can put it on the saws you already have.

is that one of those folding guns on the tailgate ?

I have no idea what this thread is about now - distracted :)

Latest posts

Back