PPE Chainsaw Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well this may not be the place to post this thread but it seemed to fit here better than in any of the other forums. If its not I'm sure someone will move it for me.

It's time to trade in the old steel toes for a pair of honest to goodness chainsaw boots. I've been researching for a while and have just about decided on the Matterhorns. So I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these boots. I'm looking for some feedback from someone who has had a chance to use/abuse these and see what they think of them. I had a pair of their military boots, that I wore for quite a few years, and loved them. Just wondering if their chainsaw boots are of the same quality/durability/comfort?

The other boot I'm looking at is the Haix. Seem like real nice boots with everyting I'm looking for but I know nothing about them and don’t know anyone who does. That’s why I am leaning toward the others any info on them would be appreciated.

Would welcome any other suggestions Just know that I am looking for leather (absolutely don’t want rubber or nylon) boots. Has to be waterproof not just resistant, gortex or equivalent is what I'm looking for. Yes I know all leather boots will eventually leak, but I've had good luck w/gortex for watertight breathability.

I also have the problem of having a wide foot so the steel toes need to be wide. The only ones I have found I can wear comfortably are the Carolina wide toes.

I don’t mind spending good money for a good product, just don’t want to spend hard earned money on junk.

Also looking for suggestions on protective gloves.

Alright rambled on long enough fire away my good man.:)

I wear matterhorn boots also and I really like them although they are not the chainsaw boot I would have to guess that they are excellent as the other boots are. I get mine from Botach tactical, best price I have found for the boot I wear.
Here is a link for the chainsaw boot. $255.50
http://store.botachtactical.com/ma10wasrchbo.html

i was looking at a pair of viking boots to upgrade from my Red Wings that are beginning to show their age. my problem is that I can't find them locally anywhere - and I travel for work and I can't find them when I'm on the road either (east coast mainly) either. And I don't feel like buying a pair to see if they size correctly or not. They look like LaCrosse pull-on style and those sizes are different than normal.

anyone know how true these boots are to size?

http://www.vikingwear.com/dept.asp?d_id=11485&l1=11483&l2=11485

they do have a pair with leather uppers.

i was looking at a pair of viking boots to upgrade from my Red Wings that are beginning to show their age. my problem is that I can't find them locally anywhere - and I travel for work and I can't find them when I'm on the road either (east coast mainly) either. And I don't feel like buying a pair to see if they size correctly or not. They look like LaCrosse pull-on style and those sizes are different than normal.

anyone know how true these boots are to size?

http://www.vikingwear.com/dept.asp?d_id=11485&l1=11483&l2=11485

they do have a pair with leather uppers.

Bailey's carries some Viking boots. Give them a call and ask them how they run in size.

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/1052?mv_session_id=I2ThWTHa&product_sku=VW 59

i was leafing through my sherrill catalog last night and they had a pair of matterhorns on sale. size 11's for 199. only had one pair so they're probably gone but you never know until you call.

Thanks for the replys guys

Thanks beelsr, I looked on their web site and couldn't find them. I'll try to call them on Tuesday and see if they still have them. I'm sure they'll be gone cause thats exactly what I need size 11, thats usually the way works for me.

Guess no one here wears these boots. Wonder what that says about them?

Wonder how many here actually wear "chainsaw" boots. If ya got'em what are they and how do you like them?

Any recomendations on gloves?????????

if you want tough & waterproof, i highly recomend the VIKING chainsaw boots

http://www.bapequipment.com/cat_40.html

bootvw58.jpg

available caulked or non caulked, and have removeable "Bama" inserts that wick away sweat and keep your feet warm and dry. The inserts remove at the end of the day so the boot can dry out. Your feet will stay dry, WARM, and you will not get damp feet (thanks to the inserts).

:cheers:

if you want tough & waterproof, i highly recomend the VIKING chainsaw boots

which model do you have?

how true to size do they run? Reason I ask is because they look like the pull-on rubber boots and those sizes can be pretty whacky amongst the brands.

also, is there a (what i call) a heel-lock? that is, instead of a plain, "roomy" heel area, do they have extra material to "grab" or support the heel/ankle area. If you've worn good rubber boots, you know what I mean.

also also, is there a zipper or anything to ease putting them on? Or are they just pull on and the thread at the top is to secure/blouse the debris shield?

Guess no one here wears these boots. Wonder what that says about them?

That no one here wears them? :laugh:

Any recomendations on gloves?????????

Go to your Stihl dealer and look at the pair of alien mittens that have been sitting on the shelf for over a year and ask if he'd take 5.99 for them like my dealer did last week... :popcorn:

said he sells at least one saw a day and hasn't sold a helmet or chaps since halloween - mostly new saw owners too. he said he tries hard to convince people but most just shrug him off. they'll all buying 290s as well, so... <shrug>

which model do you have?

how true to size do they run? Reason I ask is because they look like the pull-on rubber boots and those sizes can be pretty whacky amongst the brands.

also, is there a (what i call) a heel-lock? that is, instead of a plain, "roomy" heel area, do they have extra material to "grab" or support the heel/ankle area. If you've worn good rubber boots, you know what I mean.

also also, is there a zipper or anything to ease putting them on? Or are they just pull on and the thread at the top is to secure/blouse the debris shield?

the ones i'm looking at are top entry, with drawstring debris cover. they run in normal and half sizes. (at least here in canada)

should have mine by next week. will post pics

said he sells at least one saw a day and hasn't sold a helmet or chaps since halloween - mostly new saw owners too. he said he tries hard to convince people but most just shrug him off. they'll all buying 290s as well, so...

Well what do you expect when they've got Bret Farve on TV sawing in his shorts and a T-shirt. (has anyone else seen this commercial) :dizzy:

"Hey if Bret dont need no F'n chaps then I dont need no F'n chaps either. Helmets and stuff is for sissy’s, here hold my beer.":chainsaw::chainsaw: :censored: :cry:

Attention:
Dr. Stitch-a-lot we need another pint of O negative in ER room 3.

Not picking on Bret, just couldn’t believe it when I saw that "heartburn" commercial today.
:jawdrop:

they run in normal and half sizes. (at least here in canada)

should have mine by next week. will post pics

ok, great. by sizing, i mean: if you wear a size 10 normally, would you order a size 10 in these? sometimes, with the pull-on brands of boots, you need to order a size smaller or it will be way too big - because it doesn't have laces and you need to pull them on.

Well this may not be the place to post this thread but it seemed to fit here better than in any of the other forums. If its not I'm sure someone will move it for me.

It's time to trade in the old steel toes for a pair of honest to goodness chainsaw boots. I've been researching for a while and have just about decided on the Matterhorns. So I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these boots. I'm looking for some feedback from someone who has had a chance to use/abuse these and see what they think of them. I had a pair of their military boots, that I wore for quite a few years, and loved them. Just wondering if their chainsaw boots are of the same quality/durability/comfort?

The other boot I'm looking at is the Haix. Seem like real nice boots with everyting I'm looking for but I know nothing about them and don’t know anyone who does. That’s why I am leaning toward the others any info on them would be appreciated.

Would welcome any other suggestions Just know that I am looking for leather (absolutely don’t want rubber or nylon) boots. Has to be waterproof not just resistant, gortex or equivalent is what I'm looking for. Yes I know all leather boots will eventually leak, but I've had good luck w/gortex for watertight breathability.

I also have the problem of having a wide foot so the steel toes need to be wide. The only ones I have found I can wear comfortably are the Carolina wide toes.

I don’t mind spending good money for a good product, just don’t want to spend hard earned money on junk.

Also looking for suggestions on protective gloves.

Alright rambled on long enough fire away my good man.:)

The The Xtreme 2, by LONGSTONE seems to be a great boot. Take a look at this link: Chainsaw Cut-Resistant Climbing Boots

- Ang.

Back