Ppe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal. Send it out here before you wear it and I'll make sure it gets some real salty looking genuine logger woods rash on it. I'll send it back when it looks authentic...like this one: :msp_biggrin:

P5301750-1.jpg

What !; and miss all the fun and memories of breaking it in myself?

When I was younger I broke in all my horses . Lots of memories there. Now that I'm older them beastly steeds have to be a little less spirited, if you know what I mean.
attachment.php

Good deal. Send it out here before you wear it and I'll make sure it gets some real salty looking genuine logger woods rash on it. I'll send it back when it looks authentic...like this one: :msp_biggrin:

P5301750-1.jpg

Is that the former Woodland Critters hat? There is no proper emoticon for the stinkeye you should get if it is the former Woodland Critters hat.....

You mean 'shootin'. Course they are used fir fightin too.

sage,
nah. when a recruit in marine boot camp erroneously calls his rifle a gun he is apt to have to hold his rifle in one hand and his piece in another and, while marching back and forth, recite the following in front of the rest of the platoon until the drill instructor has gotten his jollies.
"this is my rifle; this is my gun.
one is for fighting; the other's for fun"

Is that the former Woodland Critters hat? There is no proper emoticon for the stinkeye you should get if it is the former Woodland Critters hat.....

Nope, that's NOT the hat you sent me. It still looks pretty good...minus the Fuzzy Bunnies and Unicorns and Elves and other assorted critters that I couldn't identify and was too embarrassed to ask anybody about. Witness:

As it arrived here:

P5260176-1.jpg

As it is now:

P6180225.jpg

I only wear it on special occasions. :msp_wink:

sage,
nah. when a recruit in marine boot camp erroneously calls his rifle a gun he is apt to have to hold his rifle in one hand and his piece in another and, while marching back and forth, recite the following in front of the rest of the platoon until the drill instructor has gotten his jollies.
"this is my rifle; this is my gun.
one is for fighting; the other's for fun"
Okay; Jerry. Since the Marines made the change, I'll go along with it.
Nope, that's NOT the hat you sent me. It still looks pretty good...minus the Fuzzy Bunnies and Unicorns and Elves and other assorted critters that I couldn't identify and was too embarrassed to ask anybody about. Witness:
As it arrived here:

P5260176-1.jpg

As it is now:

P6180225.jpg

I only wear it on special occasions. :msp_wink:

I don't blame you there. That's a good one.

Last edited:
My background is in firefighting. We never called a helmet a hat. Guess that makes me and thousands of others "green".

Settle down, just having some fun...Just flipping a little ####.....I try not to take myself very seriously and neither should anyone else take anything I write very seriously. Matter of fact, I'm a ####ing jack-ass most of the time.....but you all know that already.

I don't care what anybody calls what ever they choose to stick on their head....Just stick something on your damn head.

You have no credibility. I'm done with you. You are on my ignore list so talk away kid.

Oh brother. .

Forgive me for not reading throughly, I don't know how much this has been discussed, but the strength of skull buckets is seemingly poor. I can mold mine around like it is made of sandwiched aluminum foil. I would just leave it be, but someone keeps curling the sides up and the front & back down to make it look like a cowboy hat. My hat always tilts to my right side of my head as it is, I don't need to look any dumber haha.
Does anyone else have this problem? It never fails, my hat will shift, no matter which side I'm sawing on. I can look up with the hat at it's usual pitch and it wont fall off even though it is catching rain inside when I am peering with my left side. I look at my peers and their hats are always level. That prompts me to correct mine throughout the day cause I don't notice. I guess I was born with my hat tilted just right :msp_biggrin:. That or my dome is shaped like a clump of dirt lmao. . If I had money I would be manufacturing good hats, good fitting wool, reasonably priced clothing specifically tin cloth, cork covers, and some other jazz that I won't remember till I run into the problem that spawned the original idea. The local saw shops quit selling wool undies all together. I know there is a market for them. . As for the tin, to have to shell out over 100.00 for grease coated drop cloth trousers seems steep. I would like to take a shot at offering a reasonably priced chisel grinder as well. I understand that these products are of good quality and have stood the test of time, but there has got to be some kind of margin for lowering overhead and still keeping quality. Not paying for a name comes to mind,(cough) Filson. I need to look into Simington and their patents to see what can be done there. Such a functional tool as it is, it might be difficult to market one like it for less scratch. I'm just ignorant right now. .
Yes, I know, I am rambling. It's been a while. . . As for my entrepreneurial aspirations, I would really appreciate any feedback on any of the stuff mentioned above!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh brother. .

Forgive me for not reading throughly, I don't know how much this has been discussed, but the strength of skull buckets is seemingly poor. I can mold mine around like it is made of sandwiched aluminum foil. I would just leave it be, but someone keeps curling the sides up and the front & back down to make it look like a cowboy hat. My hat always tilts to my right side of my head as it is, I don't need to look any dumber haha.
Does anyone else have this problem? It never fails, my hat will shift, no matter which side I'm sawing on. I can look up with the hat at it's usual pitch and it wont fall off even though it is catching rain inside when I am peering with my left side. I look at my peers and their hats are always level. That prompts me to correct mine throughout the day cause I don't notice. I guess I was born with my hat tilted just right :msp_biggrin:. That or my dome is shaped like a clump of dirt lmao. . If I had money I would be manufacturing good hats, good fitting wool, reasonably priced clothing specifically tin cloth, cork covers, and some other jazz that I won't remember till I run into the problem that spawned the original idea. The local saw shops quit selling wool undies all together. I know there is a market for them. . As for the tin, to have to shell out over 100.00 for grease coated drop cloth trousers seems steep. I would like to take a shot at offering a reasonably priced chisel grinder as well. I understand that these products are of good quality and have stood the test of time, but there has got to be some kind of margin for lowering overhead and still keeping quality. Not paying for a name comes to mind,(cough) Filson. I need to look into Simington and their patents to see what can be done there. Such a functional tool as it is, it might be difficult to market one like it for less scratch. I'm just ignorant right now. .
Yes, I know, I am rambling. It's been a while. . . As for my entrepreneurial aspirations, I would really appreciate any feedback on any of the stuff mentioned above!

Hey Ted good to hear from you. I think I remember reading that one of the problems with aluminum hard hats was that they are easily pentrated. I can't find the info to back that up though. The Skullbucket added a reinforcement patch at the top of the hemlet, oops hat, that helped in that area. The Skullbucket shell is too small for me, no room for any shifting of the shell to absorb energy. The Bullard 911 wildland helmet is a much better and more comfortable piece of gear for me. It may not be the best for everyone.

Re Filson I don't even look at their products anymore. Much of what they sell is made overseas now though I think their core products are still made here. Filson prices are extreme, like may others say Duluth Pack, and there are other products that suit me fine.

The Bullard fire type hardhats are heavy. Velly heavy. I saw the surprise of a faller, after he picked it up, after it had fallen off during an unplannned acrobatic move by me down the hill. Then there was unimaginative language used to describe how heavy it was and how glad he was not to have to wear it.

I guess I could bring it to the GTG so you all could do the same?

I do! Acorse thats cause I have a really big brain n thats why I right all the really smart stuff that I do.

Whew ! Good. I mean, that your head's bigger than your hat. I mean, I hope my head ain't as big as yorn. I mean, I hope my hat fits, cause what you said was making me worry.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back