Price for 028Av super wood boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eiler2641

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 028av super wood boss tomorrow and was wondering how much a good condition one is worth. Also if anyone has one what their oppion of the saw is.

I got mine in good condition meaning that everything worked with no major issues for about $155. I'd say that in good running condition a good price is between $0-200. The only downfall to this saw is the air filtration. Also since its older the rubber things will likely need attention: carb, lines, AV, etc. But many here will agree that the 028 Super is one of Stihl's best. Good luck!

I just sold an 028 AV woodboss today for 200 cash. It was in great shape. I replaced the impulse line, and rebuild the carb and new fuel filter. It needed nothing else. I was happy to get 200 out of it, and the owner is real happy with it.

Around my neck of the woods, south west Washington state, some of the people selling their 028 are high on crack! There is one on C.L. for 400! And its not that nice... But a year or so ago I picked up a good runner 028 for 50 bucks. So good deals do happen from time to time! Good luck with your new toy! HAPPY CUTTING, BIG MIKE.

Latest posts

Back