Price of Stihl Bar Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local Stihl dealer wants $10.95 for a gallon of Stihl Brand Bar Oil. Is he ripping me off or is that the going price on the Connecticut Gold Coast?

My dealer is right in between you two, they chage 8.95 for a gallon around here. I've been using the Tractor Supply brand oil in the summer, it seems to be a pretty good summer oil. Just as thick/tacky as Stihl, if not more. Nothing beats Stihl Winter grade when its cold out though.

Just bought 4 gallons last week at a dealer who sells both Stihl and Husky saws and bar oil. $9.15 for a gallon either one. I didn't think that was too bad in this age of $4.88 diesel. Just switched from Home Depot bar oil which seemed to me to not stick well to the bar.

Last edited:
Somehow that trip from Virginia Beach to the West Coast causes the price to drop proportionally.

My local Stihl dealer wants $10.95 for a gallon of Stihl Brand Bar Oil. Is he ripping me off or is that the going price on the Connecticut Gold Coast?

It was $8.95 here in Pa. at the local Stihl dealer. The Husqvarna dealer had Husqvarna oil for $6.50.

In Mount Airy, NC Lowes wanted $9.95, and Tractor Supply $12.95 for Husqvarna bar oil:dizzy: . Wall Mart had Poulan in the green jug for $5.18.

Power Care at Home Depot is thin. Poulan in the green jug is STICKY.

$7.95 for Stihl oil here at my two local stops.
I am stocking up on it now, the price will only get worse as time goes on.

PS- I have used the green jug Poulan oil on my Poulan and Homelite, but I think it sucks. It doesn't seem to lube that well from my experience.

I tried two dealers in Troy, NY where my kids go to school. One was $8.49 and one was $9.99. I guess it was whenever the traffic will bear.

I was wondering since Poulan is owned by Husky, the bar oil is the same. If so Wal-Mart may be a good source.

don't know ever since I started using veggie oil... and don't wana know..

If you can get it for $10.95, buy all you can.... It's going up again for all orders placed after June 1st.

In case you haven't noticed, the price of barrel of crude oil is $130 ++++ and whether you agree or not, Stihl uses virgin oil (not recycled).

Stihl gal. 8.95 S.E. part of the Lone Star State. Hell and I thought we had a lot of oil here.:monkey: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Where did the give me beer icon go? I need beer!

Just bought 4 gallons last week at a dealer who sells both Stihl and Husky saws and bar oil. $9.15 for a gallon either one. I didn't think that was too bad in this age of $4.88 diesel. Just switched from Home Depot bar oil which seemed to me to not stick well to the bar.

That seems consistent. Local husky/stihl dealer had Husky at $9/gal.

I'm near Vt/NY/Ma borders (cozy corner) so I assume I'm pretty close........

Latest posts

Back