Price of Stihl Bar Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there really a big difference in the different brands of bar oil?

Yes and no. Don't ask Gary...good advice. Don't ask him about 2 stroke mix either.

I've got about 10 gallons of bar oil in the garage. 3 gallons of Husky, 3 gallons of Poulan (for the Aux oiler on the mill, it's a bit thinner than most), and 4 gallons of Quaker State. I've also got about 1/2 a gallon of 80/90 gear lube which will probably get mixed in to one of the gallons to get rid of it. Got some 20/50 to thin out some of the other oil too for the Aux oiler.

What does all this mean? Simple, I've got too much oil, or I haven't had enough milling time lately.

Mark

Stihl bar oil $7.00 at good ol Charlies farm & home "Stihl" dealer in Wentzille MO. Few miles down the road at Warrenton Robs lawn & Garden "Stihl" dealer $10.00

As Andy says buy all you can now as a hedge against inflation. Sorta like soybeans on the commodity market.

Oil may be oil, but not all oils are created equal.

I found that "Laser" brand oil is the most tacky that I have used. There is very little sling off, this lets me back off the oil output. I think I paid close to $10 a gallon for it.

Our JRed dealer back home sells Husky bar oil at cost for around 4-5ish dollars.

10.99$ on the shelf right now. Local TSC stores has Husqvarna oil for 13.99 a gallon and Huskee for 8.99.
The hardware store around the corner has quarts for 5.99$. and gallons for 15$ and it looks like filtered waste oil.
All the local shops Husky, Echo, Stihl are all around the 10$- 13$ mark.

I just called my Stihl dealer Thursday to order parts for 034. He was going to call in order on Friday. He said he oil price was going up so he was going to stock up before price hike. Crude oil prices suck.:angry2:

That seems consistent. Local husky/stihl dealer had Husky at $9/gal.

I'm near Vt/NY/Ma borders (cozy corner) so I assume I'm pretty close........

I'm in the Connecticut River Valley, and the saw shop was in Belchertown, MA about 8 miles east of where I live-so approximately 70 miles from your location. It is a good shop with lots of great stuff in stock in addition to saws, and a real parts and service department on premises.

Champlain Valley Equipment

Picked up another gallon of Stihl Bar and Chain oil (0781 516 5002) yesterday for $7.99.
Grabbed a few 13/64" files and some Stihl engine oil while I was there too.

:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back