Price of Stihl Bar Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it doesn't but since this is a thread about bar oil prices I'm just posting the local prices like everyone else.

:monkey:

no, never mind................price DOES matter.

'thought someone was sayin' it doesn't. lost me.

my bad.

I posted early on that I was paying $7.95.....not anymore.
Bought some more this weekend and it is up to $9.49, and he said it was going up some more next week.

I don't know how much Stihl bar oil cost. I haven't been to a Stihl dealer in a while. However I was at Tractor Supply today and Husqvarna bar oil was $13 a gallon. The Tractor Supply brand bar oil was $7 a gallon.

Here, Stihl $8.99. I can see more people going back to the old days of using used
motor oil for bar oil.

Last edited:
Toolsforless has Makita/Dolmar bar oil for $6.48 a gallon. They have free shipping on orders of $149 or more. You can either buy 23 gallons and get free shipping or combine it with some tool selections. I compared the viscosity of the Makita oil with the Bailey's Motion Lotion. The motion lotion seemed to be slightly more viscous. I couldn't find any opinions on the Dolmar oil on my search effort.

Toolsforless has Makita/Dolmar bar oil for $6.48 a gallon. They have free shipping on orders of $149 or more. You can either buy 23 gallons and get free shipping or combine it with some tool selections. I compared the viscosity of the Makita oil with the Bailey's Motion Lotion. The motion lotion seemed to be slightly more viscous. I couldn't find any opinions on the Dolmar oil on my search effort.

That's a deal... Lolol wonder when they'll figure it out?

Careful with the "viscosity"... "Stickyness" is what really matters, and that's all in the additives. Some cheap bar oils don't add Paratac, and others add very little. They try to compensate with other additives and thicker base oils.

My dealer is right in between you two, they chage 8.95 for a gallon around here. I've been using the Tractor Supply brand oil in the summer, it seems to be a pretty good summer oil. Just as thick/tacky as Stihl, if not more. Nothing beats Stihl Winter grade when its cold out though.

I use Husky oil for that very reason (pours easy in the cold) but I was thinking about going back to that syrup stuff from tractor supply this summer (cut last weekend and the Husky stuuf just ran out of my saw). Does TSC still have that heavy stuff?

Back