Price this Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the kind of job where I could reach both trees from one set up with the 90’ Omme. Cut and toss the brush from one down on old sheets of plywood, then rotate over and start the other while the guys clean up the first one. Then rope the wood down, haul out, pick up the plywood and fluff lawn up with blower like we were never there.

Possibly a one (long) day $3500 job. Hard to tell from the pics, of course, but just an example of how things change with different equipment.

Did you ever notice how the Tree grows overnite and is suddenly larger when you show up to do the job?

Homeowners dump miracle grow the moment you leave after giving the estimate.

Hasn’t happened yet, to be honest, so not sure. They’re not all that scary. For me, once I bought the first one and was committed to the payment, I got over that pretty quickly. Once you start to realize the profit/productivity it changes things too. After a week of two it was almost like running the bucket comfortable.

i was in an 80ft max extended doing a split Locust and the wind picked up.
Once i removed the top, i tied the tree and climbed in.

Hasn’t happened yet, to be honest, so not sure. They’re not all that scary. For me, once I bought the first one and was committed to the payment, I got over that pretty quickly. Once you start to realize the profit/productivity it changes things too. After a week of two it was almost like running the bucket comfortable.

What was the price tag?

Lol. They always grow when you go to work on them. That’s why I always walk up to the tree and look up at it from the worst possible/most intimidating perspective. Learned that a long time ago. Took a while to get it though my thick head though.

I've been lucky this spring and most of my dead ash was in horse pasture or outside of it. Two were over fences and structure but not big ones maybe 22" trees in those few residential removals. Nothing over 70ft there. Now the pasture "banana" trees were a bit more challenging to stop the chair bs. I had no cleanup on several sites with 110ft dead ass ash 😀

No pics in my Kindle Fire and never put the new phone on Fakebook or Google updates 😁

Two almost went bad till they got the guts knocked out.
Spider lifts are cool and I can rig like a mfer so no issues there. The four year dead white pines are the shake and bake that get me worried up top on those dry paper rolls,.... they sucks!

Bid it up another half K for the lift and some ply sheets or rent mats and smash it.

They tend to do that if you look at them from a distance or look too fast.

i grew up on hockey skates so my problem has always been speed

27 points in my second year driving = this was in the early 80's when i had my 1970 GTO that i picked up for $700

Then i had a 1969 Grand Prix also for $700

Then i blew big $$$ on a 1980 Z28 with T-Tops

Back