Price this Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl User

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need estimated price(range is ok) for this dead Ash Tree next to house and over deck(Tree with Climber).
Picture is a bit deceptive as the neighbors house(white) was quite close to the tree as well.
All branches had to be roped down including chunking out the stick to within 15 feet of ground.
All brush removed, wood cut into firewood length and remained.
Tree with Climber in it = aproximately 25" diameter at 3 feet above ground.
No access for bucket truck/crane - must be climbed.
Tree was same height as Ash next to it.
Two Groundmen required in addition to Climber.

Location is Somerset, NJ

Attachments

• IMG-4127.jpg
    IMG-4127.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Or more.
Depends on if it's one tree or just many to be done that day in that hood and who sent the work your way.

Just one tree for that day and neighborhood.
No combo pricing.

i do not have a BEFORE picture.
Branches had length to them and it was a very tight area over house/deck/neighbors shrubs and house.
Thus Two GM needed.

If the ash is completely dead I would not put a climber in it. Call around see if someone can get a spider lift on it.

Fresh dead - structural integrity is not compromised
Some branches were dry dead but all was solid with no rot.

That looks like the kind of job where I could reach both trees from one set up with the 90’ Omme. Cut and toss the brush from one down on old sheets of plywood, then rotate over and start the other while the guys clean up the first one. Then rope the wood down, haul out, pick up the plywood and fluff lawn up with blower like we were never there.

Possibly a one (long) day $3500 job. Hard to tell from the pics, of course, but just an example of how things change with different equipment.

That looks like the kind of job where I could reach both trees from one set up with the 90’ Omme. Cut and toss the brush from one down on old sheets of plywood, then rotate over and start the other while the guys clean up the first one. Then rope the wood down, haul out, pick up the plywood and fluff lawn up with blower like we were never there.

Possibly a one (long) day $3500 job. Hard to tell from the pics, of course, but just an example of how things change with different equipment.

Love lifts, hate them when fully extended and would much rather be in the tree.

You have to be continuously 'smart/knowledgeable' even the more-so when in a lift extended.

Some guy was catapulted out of the lift and was found dead in the tree.

Do those lock in position should a hose blow?

You have to be continuously 'smart/knowledgeable' even the more-so when in a lift extended.

Don't cut huge heavy pieces that can hit the lift. Sure they have lock valves for that.

Just saying I would’ve tried to sell the two with the lift. $2400 or $2500 would be a nice easy top dollar days pay for just the one though. All depends on how desperate the people (think) they are to get it out.

You are right about pics not telling the whole story.
The remaining tree next to it is 36" base and multiple leads over neighbors house.

May not look that way in the pic but it is.

Hasn’t happened yet, to be honest, so not sure. They’re not all that scary. For me, once I bought the first one and was committed to the payment, I got over that pretty quickly. Once you start to realize the profit/productivity it changes things too. After a week of two it was almost like running the bucket comfortable.

Back