Problem with 576

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detroit Dazzler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so I know this saw isn't that old but what a turd. Ok the problem is carb has been adjusted many times, been back to the dealer many times, rpm's checked and rechecked many times. But when you lean on it in the cut it dosent run and stalls the chain. Anybody have any ideas? Its pretty bad when the saw it replaced is still walking all over it......end rant:chainsawguy:

Ok so I know this saw isn't that old but what a turd. Ok the problem is carb has been adjusted many times, been back to the dealer many times, rpm's checked and rechecked many times. But when you lean on it in the cut it dosent run and stalls the chain. Anybody have any ideas? Its pretty bad when the saw it replaced is still walking all over it......end rant:chainsawguy:

I have 2 576 and have not had that problem. Does the dealer have a log they check it in.

Thats really strange. From what Ive heard, those saws are very strong in the cut. And especially good for bucking. hope ya get er fixed!:rockn:

I have 2 576 and have not had that problem. Does the dealer have a log they check it in.
Not sure but the dealer is really good, and have never had a problem with him or any other saws hes worked on. But this is really bull crap. I cant belive that its my luck new saw and nothing but problems....EEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Just hang in there. If it persists ask for a new saw. If so, then maybee try the new 372 strato. Could be fun.

I lean on the saw like I do the 371 I have. The 371 runs hard, while I push with the same pressure on the 576 it stalls the chain:angry: Its at the dealer now with the " I'll come get it when it runs"

My 576 was a turd out of the box, too. Bench tested fine, but bogged in wood. I opened up the muffler a bit, tuned on the carb a few times. After that it ran as well as my 372..

Not sure but the dealer is really good, and have never had a problem with him or any other saws hes worked on. But this is really bull crap. I cant belive that its my luck new saw and nothing but problems....EEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I have had good luck with both of mine. One is modified by treeslinger and the other is straight stock. I will tell you one thing though. It seem to take about 15 to 20 tanks before it really broke in. But the problem your having it shouldn't have. Seems the strato saws take longer to break in. Is it the autotune

I have had good luck with both of mine. One is modified by treeslinger and the other is straight stock. I will tell you one thing though. It seem to take about 15 to 20 tanks before it really broke in. But the problem your having it shouldn't have. Seems the strato saws take longer to break in. Is it the autotune
No its not the auto tune I made sure before I bought it.

Just a thought - does that dealer know that the basic adjustment is done differently on the 575/576 than on earlier models? :confused:

There was a thread on here about it a couple of years ago, but I don't remember any details.....

The dealer should have access to the WS manual one those saws, and I believe that is where the info originated from.

Latest posts

Back