Problems with my 2100 Starter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoid

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was curious if you could help me identify all of the problems with this starter. I was having a hard time finding an image detailed enough to show what it was supposed to look like. It seems as though something was shear off and the damping disc has a hole in it.
I don't think the recoil spring looks right either.

Any help would be appreciated.

2549842686_46571b186d.jpg

2549844026_cb22342b86.jpg

2549033239_3e7f2fc116.jpg

Husky 2100 starter

It may be just that the spring came off at the end, or it has a break, cant see it, did it grab and then slip when you tried to start it. I have lots of parts if you want, and even complete covers, Dave.

It may be just that the spring came off at the end, or it has a break, cant see it, did it grab and then slip when you tried to start it. I have lots of parts if you want, and even complete covers, Dave.

Well I am not sure, I was not the one operating it when this happened.

Ok, well it looks ok, but I cant see the end of the spring. Was the cord stuck out when you got it back, if so, my guess is the spring broke, or came off at the beginning, not the center part, the last part of the outside of the spring, you may just need another spring, but if your cord was out and would not go in, then that is likely what is wrong. Dave.

The inside of the spring is fine and fits in the slot in the pulley. The hole in the disc is not an issue. Check the outside end of the spring and see if it has a hook on it. It needs one to catch in the recoil housing.

Ahh yeah, I think its just the spring thats detached from the recoil housing. The end of the spring is semi bent, and looks like it was attached the the outside but not anymore.

2550830587_3bd193141a.jpg

Latest posts

Back