Problems with Stink Bugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stink Bugs are in my woodpiles. When I bring my wood in the house, they are in the house. Boy are they annoying! Does anyone else have this issue?

Stink Bugs are in my woodpiles. When I bring my wood in the house, they are in the house. Boy are they annoying! Does anyone else have this issue?

Yeah I get them too. Some years they are real bad and others not so much. They smell like cucumber.

This time of year we have very few bugs and spiders. They're either dead or hibernating.

they leave the stacks of oak alone but are all over hickory:msp_thumbdn: oh well, hickory leaves too much ash anyways

Maybe that's it. No hickory in my shed. Mostly oak and hedge, some walnut, cherry, silver maple and mulberry.

they leave the stacks of oak alone but are all over hickory:msp_thumbdn: oh well, hickory leaves too much ash anyways

Thats funny, they are on the oak I have staked as well as other species. Glad they are not invading your oak.

Haha. Bug have a natural antifreeze almost alcohol in thier blood composition. They can't freeze. But who said burn them? Hahahaha. Dang that's good.

Thats funny, they are on the oak I have staked as well as other species. Glad they are not invading your oak.

Yeah me too. Or I should say the wife to. Smell don't bother me too much but the old lady sure likes to bit€h about the stink bugs

Funny, they were bad last year and everybody said this year was going to be Biblical, but I've seen very few in the house, and none in the firewood.

We've got them here pretty bad. Havn't seen too many on the firewood, but I'm one of those evil ####ers who just throws it in a big pile in a hedgerow. I saw a snake when I was hooking up a plow last fall, so I ran in the shop and grabbed the old single barrel 12 ga. that I keep down there for such occasions, the barrel was packed so full of stink bugs I couldn't even stick the shell in. I'm glad it was full to the end, if I had managed to get the shell in, it might have gone un-noticed and could've been real bad. Now I keep a pill bottle over the end of the barrel. Just the other day I was working on an old truck, when I grabbed a deep impact socket, it was full of the little bastards. They have invaded all of my sockets in the top of the box.

Collect them and sell them to the Chinese restaurant near you. I hear they like to eat bugs when there are no rats or cats to eat:dizzy:

We've had the horrible things for some years now - apparently the invasion began in Allentown. They crawl in behind things and inside things to stay warm. Whenever I use a power tool I put a glove on and take it outside, holding it carefully so the air exhaust points away from me - then I turn it on and all the stink bug guts blow out the exhaust. One of the main reasons I tend to leave spark arrestors on my saws is to keep the stink bugs out of the engine, although I have to admit I have not found any in there yet.

It seems like this last year has not been as bad for them in the house, but I don't know why. We live in a house form the 1830's and there is no way to keep them out it.

One of the main reasons I tend to leave spark arrestors on my saws is to keep the stink bugs out of the engine, although I have to admit I have not found any in there yet.

I have. Husqvarna 326 weedeater wouldnt start there were so many packed in the muffler then almost caught on fire after it did start. Hundreds in each door jam on 4 door truck parked in garage. Any that come in with the wood or found in the house go straight into the insert:angry2:

Latest posts

Back