Processor Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid there won't be a whole lot of progress to report for a while. I leave Sunday to attend a week-long conference. The week after that I *MAY* have some time to achieve something, but the following week I leave for Massachusetts for 3 weeks. It's our busy season for fire prevention education until early or mid November. I figure I'll start splitting wood for this season sometime around December. :msp_scared: And somewhere in the whole mess I STILL have to install the outdoor wood boiler.

:popcorn: I'll wait.

The only thing holding me back right now is metal and hoses and 30gpm pump for running the saw. ( I know someone is going to say I don't need a 30gpm pump for a saw motor, but I have my reasons)

Well, ya kinda DO need it. Mine calls for 22gpm and I have a 27 running it so I can scavenge the other 5gpm for the log clamp and saw bar movement. I'm also running all that thru a Sun RSHC-LAN-HCD Sequencing valve and a RD-575 Adjustable flow divider so I can adjust the rate at which the saw bar will progress thru a log without stalling the saw chain. The sequencing valve will allow one valve to operate the log clamp, run the saw motor and lower the bar thru the log. That all takes FLOW!

Well, ya kinda DO need it. Mine calls for 22gpm and I have a 27 running it so I can scavenge the other 5gpm for the log clamp and saw bar movement. I'm also running all that thru a Sun RSHC-LAN-HCD Sequencing valve and a RD-575 Adjustable flow divider so I can adjust the rate at which the saw bar will progress thru a log without stalling the saw chain. The sequencing valve will allow one valve to operate the log clamp, run the saw motor and lower the bar thru the log. That all takes FLOW!

I plan on a full 30gpm pump to the saw, Figureing 85% efficency for the pump and motor. I am shooting for 25hp at the saw and 8000rpms. I will be using a procline gear motor with pullies to get the chain speed to where I want it. Selenoid control valve to turn the saw motor off/on. I'll have dedicated pumps an manual control valves for the other functions.

Dont mean to hijack your thread, so I will go get a bag of popcorn and wait for your next update :popcorn:

Last edited:
Back